Why the hate for Yarde?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Mar 9, 2019.

1. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Listen to him talk for 30 seconds then it should be apparent why he is disliked.

Hungarian plumbers in the camp.

2. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I have met Yarde and one thing I can say is he is a very nice fella who makes time for anyone who asks. Same goes for Dillian Whyte.

carlingeight, Inglis_1 and tdf1974 like this.
  3. BluenoseBxingFan

BluenoseBxingFan Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2018
    I like Yarde and I think he's not even that arrogant tbh.

Tunde and his team are dicks though and I'd like to see him mix it up domestically a little, or fight the likes of Boesel and Murat.

I think a lot of it (the hate) comes from Sky's and Hearn's propaganda that Yarde is a bit of a joke. Hearn in particular is triggered somewhat by Yarde, we can't have a Joshua Buatsi bout finish without Hearn going on a rant about Yarde afterwards, despite Hearn having most of the domestic light heavies and not being able to match them up with Buatsi...

I think they're threatened a little by him, you can't have Yarde overtake Buatsi in terms of popularity (especially as they're building Buatsi as the next AJ it seems), so they need to remind viewers that their boy is the better prospect and not to take much notice of the lad on BT.

Inglis_1, tdf1974 and pow like this.
  4. jm2729v

jm2729v Active Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2016
    I will tolerate Yarde but its that Tunde Ajayi I can't stand. Seems like he's the one halting the progress and I just hate the way he responds to reporters calling him out on the mismatches. He basically implies that anyone criticising them (everyone) don't have a clue about boxing and they just know better. Yes I love the positive attitute promotion but its feeling like a load of hot air at the moment. Yes he's inexperienced and should still be in learning fights but do not promote him as the second coming and don't put him as a chief support or headline.

Fhaggis likes this.
  5. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I wasn't that knocked out by Bivol, he's slick but Yarde is stronger. Only thing is Yarde has not faced a proper contender.

6. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    The issue for Yarde is he has a fan friendly style but when after 18 fights your still fighting the bloke down the pub you get questioned and rightly so. You either have to at least take half a gamble fighting a Buglioni type when he was on the way out or a Hosea Burton. Then you can build from there. But when you say your well above their level and your fighting world level and fight the 3rd best Hungarian light heavy who 6 years ago went the distance with the 3rd hardest German you get called out and rightly so. He’s now in a ranking position that far outweighs the competition against a champ in Kovalev who’s on the way out. If he does not take that fight when called he will never be respected and rightly so. If he takes it and wins then fair play to him. Providing he doesn’t do the usual frank route of voluntarily fighting more akavov type opponents in leisure centres.

Mitch87 likes this.
  7. Tyson Furry

Tyson Furry Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Everyone’s the critic - ambitious - not even 20 fights - does the job against anyone he fights and always looks exciting - just a confident young lad working his way towards a shot at a title.

tdf1974 likes this.
  8. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    Yarde seems a nice enough lad, a lot of doughnuts around him though, Tunde especially. That lions in the camp stuff is annoying, but not as annoying as the reluctancy to step up the competition.

I, like most boxing fans, just want to see him fight someone decent.

Wizbit1013 and Twentyman like this.
  9. Tyson Furry

Tyson Furry Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2017
    ... agreed about the lion thing

Accurate likes this.
  10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Underwhelming opposition and for some reason he's the main event, it's just not that interesting.

11. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I think the lack of amateur experience is an easy excuse for Yarde's dismal matchmaking. Yes, he didn't have much experience before turning pro. But he's been a pro for nearly four years now.

destruction likes this.
  12. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    If he was ambitious surely he'd be fighting better opponents. You say he's not even had twenty fights. To go through a few weights, what were Joshua, Haye, Cleverly, Froch, Saunders and Khan up to at this stage of their career? The answer is world, European or British titles. The excuse would be 'he's not had the amateur experience they had.' My answer would be that he's had four years pro experience and talks like he's elite level.

13. MCFC_EW

MCFC_EW Active Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Like others have said its not so much Yarde but the people around him that do my head in.(Tunde mainly)

When he came to the ring on saturday im sure the commentator said "Not just one of the best prospects in Britain, but one of the best prospects in the world" or something along them lines, ridiculous.

Holler likes this.
  14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I dont Hate Yarde but I dislike any stupid hype about any boxer who hasnt proved anything yet.

I guess I do feel bad for him as alot of domestic rivals are tied up with Hearn but the level of opposition has been poor. He needs a test asap.

Twentyman likes this.
  15. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    No not at all. The dislike comes from watching him and his sycophantic trainer's interviews and seeing them dodge every question, with some nonsensical waffle about how it's a building process and its a marathon not a sprint. Yes Floyd used to do then same. That's why his interviews were a waste of time but Floyd was backing it up in the ring. Yarde and his weird ass coach, don't do that.