Why was Floyd never undisputed WW champ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MoneyMay1, May 16, 2022.

1. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    The op said Floyd fought every relevant welterweight when he joined the division. I pointed out that he didn’t. Has nothing to do with being bothered by but more so pointing out the fact that Margarito was at that time the longest reigning belt holder in the division. You can ignore the facts all you want but he was champion for 5 years. That’s pretty relevant. All your other ranting about hate and bitterness is a projection about something going on with you. I hope you get that figured out.

Jackstraw likes this.
  2. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    The WBO was recognized as a full title until 2008 but a question for you why didn’t Margarito try to fight any of the top fighters in his division before calling out Floyd name?

3. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011

Not only did he beat him, he embarrassed him.

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Word!

5. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    He did. It was known they didn’t want to fight him either. Boxing didn’t start for many of us in May 2007. The excuse was the same, he was a high risk, low reward. The same they say for Ennis now.

6. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I think there's a reason Bradley chose to fight Pacquiao instead of Floyd. Bradley knew he had no chance of beating Floyd.

I can't see Bradley beating Floyd, or even coming close. Floyd had every physical and technical advantage over him. Bradley wins MAYBE 3 rounds at the very most.

Pimp C and Boon like this.
  7. Jackal

Jackal Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2011
    You must be high. Froid fought a blown-up Hatton and then retired in order to avoid the guys who were actual threats in his division, then came back a couple years later to fight blown-up JMM. He's the Goat Ducker.

box33 and Jackstraw like this.
  8. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    You must be a casual. Hatton and his team turned pbf down at 140 after he beat gatti saying he wasn't ready, blame hatton. Pbf then moved up to 147 to chase zab.

They were only threats because pbf didn't fight them. Had he fought them and schooled them like he did over 90% of the fighters he fought, then they would be seen as another cherrypick by hating casuals like you love to claim and he's ducking someone else who would've beaten him.

Boon likes this.
  9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    My friend Antonio The Tijuana Tornado Margarito has the number of TBE Mayweather . He made Floyd literally **** himself by merely walking up to him & asking very politely " Why wont you fight me Floyd"??????
    ROFLMAO Floyds reactions showed clearly why he wouldn't fight Tony He was obviously SCARED TO DEATH OF HIM !!!!!! what a embarrassment for the so called THE BEST EVER !! ROLFLMAO that was one of the highlights of my years in the sport to see that. The world witnessed it too Danny said Floyd was Terrified !!

10. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    That's because you do not have a clue about the sport. That "loaded gloves " Bull feces gave both Floyd & Oscar an out so they wouldn't have to ever fight him. Even gave Pinky Cotto an excuse why Tony demolished him. It failed though Cotto couldn't even beat a opponent fighting from round 2 with only one good eye. Cotto had to rely on hid buddy the doc didn't he ROFL I'm proud to say I always supported Antonio Margarito 100% He was something neither Floyd , Oscar nor Cotto was He was a FIGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that never feared any man

11. MixedMartialLaw

MixedMartialLaw combat sports enthusiast Full Member

Jun 30, 2021
    And this is the exact argument Fury will use for himself if he really does retire without fighting Usyk or Joshua. Fury has definitely taken note from the Mayweather playbook.

12. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Always best to take notes from the winners, I guess.

13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Technically he was. He was the unified boxing, UFC, kickboxing and YT boxing champion.

14. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    so Oscar de la hoya, Shane Mosley, Vernon Forrest, Ricardo Mayorga Cory Spinks was ducking Antonio Margarito lmao… okay bro

15. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Typical BS as usual.

Pimp C likes this.