Why was Loma more overrated in history than anyone else

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kahmed, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    He loss to Orlando Salido his second pro fight. His hype was already dead to me and HBO and Top Rank paraded him around like the fight never happened. I have been saying it for years that Loma does not like pressure. The blueprint to beat him was laid 03/01/2014 by Salido who was really coming off of a great win streak that everyone ****ing ignores for some reason and Arum was tryna **** him by giving this Soviet welfare child a undeserved title shot after Salido went to hell and back 3 years to earn it.

I only bask in the glory of seeing him lose because of the outright privilege he was given coming through the door while everyone else had to literally fight for it. HBO played a part in it and so did Arum. So if people are sad to see this guy get ragged on blame the mouth pieces that put him over on historic fighters just because they wanted that UFC crowd and you know what the hell I'm hinting at. They did it with Golovkin and Kovalev too.

ALEX FORRESTER, iron7 and N17 like this.
  2. iron7

iron7 New Member banned Full Member

Oct 20, 2020
    Agree with this except Kovalev came up the hard way. He didnt even get paid for most his pro fights. Kovalev was actually the real deal and a legit great fighter. GGG and Loma were not.

Kovalev, Beterbiev and Usyk are actually great fighters, but got no hype. Even Pirog could have been great, but had his injury. HBO and the media pumps up the wrong EE fighters.

Cuz those other guys could actually really fight for real.

Willie Maeket likes this.
  3. Robertus Ramsey

Robertus Ramsey New Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2019

He was a Pro and never got paid, pathetic!

iron7 likes this.
  4. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Wooo puff out that chest ... what an achievement..

5. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    There is no welfare in soviet union or modern ukraine dumbass, if you go hungry you just die. And the salido "win" was disgusting, just like ward low blow K.Oing kovalev. That's the only way these guys can win is dirty tricks or robbing them on the cards.

Surrix, mirkofilipovic and gdm like this.
  6. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    because winning titles early on and climbing weight classes and beating good fighters, some P4P in not many fights deserve hype. Lopez deserves hype himself for being 23 and becoming the undisputed lightweight champ.

7. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    The welfare was Arum getting home a title shot with only 1 pro fight under his belt. Either it's that or it's white privilege you take your pick but I've never heard of someone "given" a title shot just for being good at the Olympics.

ALEX FORRESTER likes this.
  8. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    2x gold medal, 400+ AM fights, he earned his shot. The difference is other fighters don't have the balls to ask for it in their 2nd pro fight.

9. Robertus Ramsey

Robertus Ramsey New Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2019
    East euros cannot fight inside or going backwards...

10. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Where did you get it?

11. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    It is Arum not skin colour. This colour is only one, alone. Arum.

Willie Maeket likes this.
  12. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Because he had great feet. That's literally it

13. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    No, just look at the amount of boxers/ex-boxers/coaches that believe he is incredible. its not a coincidence

14. Street Disciple

Street Disciple New Member banned Full Member

Oct 21, 2020
    @kahmed is @Boon s pakistani cousin. Inbred soft haters need to stick to child grooming or else I'll start posting Angel Garcia quotes :)

15. Cluedo

Cluedo Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2016
    he is a two time olympic champion

The fact he hasn't been as great as a pro is not the first time this has happened