Why won't Deontay Wilder fight outside the USA?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Jan 22, 2020.

1. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    I don't think so. King Boris is the rescuer of the UK.

2. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    What's he rescuing them from?

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Duh! Because he's the A-Side. He's the A-Side to AJ's and Fury's B-Sides.

Just like he was to B-Side Wlad back in the day too when the later was the

Unified WBA, IBF & WBO king

The universally regarded #1 HW who hadn't been bested in over a decade

Had racked up 18 defences of his world title (s), and that's just in his second reign

And had harvested the scalps of

Povetkin
    Byrd x 2
    Chagaev
    Haye,
    Ibragimov
    Peter x 2
    Chambers
    Pulev
    Brewster
    Brock
    Botha
    Rahman
    Mercer
    McCline
    Thompson x 2
    Schulz
    Jennings
    Wach
    Barrett
    Mormeck

among many others

Whereas Bootleg D had made one defence of his WBC title and beaten no one other than fat penguin Stiverne whose best win is Arreola and whose second best one is a shot 40 y/o Ray Austin who was, to quote Delusional D, ''whooping his ass until the 10th round'' prior to his worn out old lungs giving out on him and getting clipped. That's the same Ray Austin who was widely considered one of Wlad's worst title challengers and who he was heavily criticized for fighting even though he fought a four year younger version who hadn't lost in six years and it was a mandatory defence. The same Austin Wlad sparked out in 2 without throwing a single right hand the entire fight lol

“We not going nowhere; we’re going to stay right here in America. We’re going to bring him here, sometime maybe mid or end of next year,” Wilder said via Fight Hype. “I won’t rest in this sport until I achieve all the belts. Klitschko wants what I have. I am the legitimate heavyweight; I’m the heavyweight champion of the world. He looked real old.”

--Deontay ''Delusional D'' Wilder

That ^^^ quote was from 2015 and as said he'd made just one defence of his title at the time and only beaten Stiverne and the self-proclaimed ''hardest puncher of all time'' wouldn't even travel to beat up an old man :lol:

'WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (35-0, 34KOs) believes he is in the driver's seat when it comes to a unification with WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF champion Tyson Fury (25-0, 18KOs).

Wilder views his WBC world title as being more meaningful than all four of Fury's titles combined.

"My ultimate goal is to become the undisputed champion of the world. If [the belts] were still in the hands of Klitschko, that still would have been the plan. But now Fury has the belts so he's the target. He has the remainder of the belts I want to unify the division with," Wilder told BBC Sport Radio.

"Of course I can sit back as the WBC heavyweight champion of the world, because the WBC belt is the most famous, most respected, most well known belt, the biggest crown in the sport of boxing. I can sit back with the WBC belt and then retire and say 'I had the belt that all the greats had.' My one belt overpowers all of the rest of the belts. I got the crown jewel."

Don't get me started on AJ vs Delusional D when it comes to which of them is the A-Side because it really doesn't end well for the later at all.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  4. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    From the undemocratic, corrupt European Union.

5. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    Well good luck, that should fix all the problems.

6. f1ght3rz

Jan 31, 2018
    The only solution to fix the European Union is to leave. So yeah...Boris is the rescuer of the UK. Congrats you guys have a brave politican like Boris. Long live the Blonde King. The world needs more politicians like Johnson or Trump.

7. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    Awesome, nothing but gravy from here on out.

8. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Uh oh Pimp accusing someone else of hating ??

9. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    No amount of money would give him the courage to fight Joshua in the UK, or Fury either.

Wilder will never defend his WBC title outside his home country.

10. ndthentherewasx

ndthentherewasx let it marinate Full Member

May 5, 2019
    He's weary of cheaters, cheating and tricks.

It makes sense. Joshua fought like crap on American soil.

11. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Because his Alabama passport expired. He's deep into training for Fury and hasn't had time to renew it.

Malph likes this.
  12. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Themselves?

bandeedo likes this.
  13. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Because stars fight in America..,

Pimp C likes this.
  14. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Why would he?

If he fights within the US he gets to fight anyone of his choosing. Ideally a stand in front fighter he can simply knock over.
    If he fails to knock over the person in front of him, the crook US judging will skew the scorecards and rob the other fighter (10/2 Fury for example).

Not a chance.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  15. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    Why don't you guys just create your own boxing infrastructure, with your own champions, your own belts, you're own broadcast partners. That way you don't have to lose so much sleep over what America does or doesn't do for your countrymen. Stop sounding like battered wives and do something about it. If that's too scary, then practice taking your lumps in silence.
    After all, to hear many of you tell it, boxing is dead in America and the Eastern Euros are taking over. So take over the responsibilities too.