Whyte breaks down Ruiz's win over Joshua and potential title implications

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Jun 3, 2019.

1. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    What could’ve been a good thread has been reduced to nonsense...

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  2. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Oh cool this site has an ignore function

3. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    I've put the rabble on ignore so I think they can't post on my threads now.

I just want to have a good discussion, if people think Ruiz will win the rematch that's cool, he may well do that

But childishness and silliness can stay out of my threads, let's have some adult talk

4. venbox

venbox Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2005
    All of AJ knockdowns were jokes. Grazing shots, nothing landed very clean. If he had taken the shots Fury took from Wilder he'd still be in coma.

5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    If AJ fights the same way then he loses again. Fought like an absolute ******.

Gave up centre of the ring right away with no fight, so he's already having to work harder than he needs to. You've got a shorter fighter who is countering you with hooks, so why you still bringing that lazy ass jab back to your waist? So stupid. Since the Wlad fight they've been trying to make him a more cautious back foot fighter but he just isn't that kind of boxer. He doesn't have it in him. His jab isn't that effective and he doesn't have the tank required to bounce around the centre of the ring whilst throwing scoring shots for 12 rounds. I didn't expect Ruiz to win but I've said for a long time on here he is underrated. He timed AJ and countered him brilliantly. And he got him with that left hook time and time again. Just like Whyte did, just like Povetkin did. AJ didn't have the nous to stop it from happening and I suspect the first one concussed him a little.

When he was hurt against Whyte and Wlad he took a couple of rounds to get back to normal speed. He did that here. But then Ruiz started to work his body brilliantly and slowed him down again. This was a fight about boxing intelligence as much as anything. Composure, too. Ruiz stayed composed after the KD and stayed relaxed during the rest of the match, didn't burn up nervous energy like Mr Motivator did.

Did AJ get exposed? Yeah, his ring IQ and stamina did. Does that mean he's a fraud? Nah, what he does after this matters hugely though.

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Excellent post, that.

7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Ive stayed pretty quiet since the fight
    The forum has gone pretty mental and its clear to see some are reveling in AJs misery
    Thats fine
    Boxing and the supporting side of it requires emotional investment so its why we we have such differing opinions on here
    However i personally thought id take time to reflect
    Having watched the fight 3 times since Sunday im convinced AJ tried to bang Ruiz out to kinda match Wilders recent victory
    Add to that something was very off about how he boxed up until round 3
    He looked anxious and not the same as he was say in the Povetkin fight
    AJ was always suspect to a blow and saturday again showed that
    I think he possibly could have won if he hadnt gone in for the finish after the knockdown
    Awful mistake and one he paid for dearly

Im no huge AJ fan
    I prefer Fury all day but lets get it right
    He had a bad day at the office
    He has still achieved a ton that most pros never ever will
    The guy is still top 3 for me
    If however he loses the remstch that tells me his motivation has gone
    Time to retire and live a fantastic life

8. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Is this another TonyHayers account after his previous @OpinionOfACasual account?

9. notjustacasual

Jun 3, 2019
    I have no idea what you are talking about but you are going on ignore too.

10. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Great shout about the body attack @PaddyGarcia. Round 6 Ruiz stopped throwing head punches and attacked the body. During which time AJ literally stopped throwing anything while Ruiz pushed him around the ring with punches to the chest. It was a surreal sight to see the small, overweight man bully the adonis giant around the ring. Ruiz couldn't miss and AJ had no answer for it, the body attack emptying his gas tank and the next round he was taken out. Brilliant work from Ruiz.

Twentyman likes this.