Whyte imo will lose to Rivas!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by smithshaun, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I seriously can't believe you had Rivas winning, where did you learn to score? We have to revisit this once this whole PED thing blows over.

I gotta understand what fight you were watching.

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I’m accepting his testimony, nobody else has said anything.

Using different gloves to the ones agreed without letting the other team thoroughly check them is essentially glove tampering. If you neglect to take a doping test you are punished in the same way as if you had failed a test ie. Yoka. Now the protocol that’s in place regarding the gloves was not followed and Rivas’s team were not allowed to check the gloves so in the same way as a doping test it should be presumed that tampering has took place. It does not matter that Whyte or his team probably didn’t do a single illegal thing to them gloves but like missing a doping test it should be punished.

3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I thought most of the rounds were very close and Rivas won 5, Whyte won 5, 2 were even on my card.
    I seem to have been the only one who had Rivas ahead so I will defer to the majority.
    I can't see how the rounds weren't mostly close though.
    It was a close fight, I thought.

Aydamn likes this.
  4. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Who should get punished in this case?

A representative from Rivas' team was in the room to inspect the taping when they noticed that Whyte was having issues with his gloves, and were not using the Di Nardo's that was agreed and signed off by Rivas.

A last minute meeting was called by the represenatives and the BBBoC, and the BBBoC said they were fine, but did not let Rivas' team to inspect it.

So who missed what test?? Who was liable for that fiasco?

5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Somebody from Whyte’s team needs a slap on wrists mate for pulling that stunt. However, the real punishment should be the heads rolling of the BBBoC representatives who wouldn’t allow Rivas’s team to check the gloves.

mgmark7, CasualFan and Unforgiven like this.
  6. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Exactly, the BBBoC officials that were present at the venue on that night specifiaclly, and not the whole BBBoC.

And not Whyte's team, as this is not ethical debat, it is a legal one. Referee's exist for a reason, BBBoC exist for a reason, to step in on these matters, you can't expect in an industry as comepetitive as this for each team to play by the book, fairly, all the time, especially in the minutes leading up to a WBC elmination bout in the O2 arena... not everyone is that considerate.

It isn't some charity event, and making sure everyone has a drink in their hand, I am not condoning the behaviour, but the teams and fighters have to worry about many things, and it is the job of the BBBoC to stay on top of glove issues.

Twentyman likes this.
  7. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    You are full of so much ****

I hope Whyte gets banned for life and fined HEAVILY

Badda Badda and emallini like this.
  8. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Keep hoping cupcake ;)

9. Badda Badda

Badda Badda New Member banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    your boy is finished

emallini and 305th like this.
  10. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    He’s just getting started, hows your boy?

When does he turn pro?

11. Badda Badda

Badda Badda New Member banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    I'm just wondering what your relationship is with Whyte? friend ? family? Just an unhealthy fanboy? or you served him in your takeaway/corner shop?

ManofSteel and emallini like this.
  12. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Some fanboy eh! Lol

Why fight someone's corner so hard?
    Its just weird, unless you have a vested Interest, even then it's a bit ott!

Let's just see how it all unfolds instead of all the BS