Whyte is mad overrated

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Feb 14, 2020.

1. piprules

piprules Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2019
    I don't think he is overrated on here except by that one guy. His resume is as solid as anyone in the top ten, although tainted by the drug cheating. But then except for Wilder and Parker all the top guys have some suspicion of roid use.
    The most overrated heavyweight has got to be Fury by a far.

2. piprules

piprules Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2019
    Th

3. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Possibly had something to do with it. I think it was also in large part down to the fact that Whyte couldn't get himself motivated for the fight and was probably distracted with the whole situation. There's a thin line between good Whyte and bad Whyte and it's mostly down to his mindset since he doesn't have the most consistent of styles.

4. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    But he's not just living off a win over Parker. He went on to fight a Chisora who'd just come off a brutal KO against the teak tough Takam then went on to beat the undefeated Oscar Rivas who'd just KOed Jennings. He didn't have to do any of that but he did.

Want to know a fighter who's living off a past win? Luis Ortiz. Does Ortiz deserve to be ranked over Whyte? No is the answer, unless you believe respective performances against Dave Allen are the benchmark for top ten ranking.

Whyte's had poor performances but so has almost everyone in the top ten that hasn't just been sitting on a ranking and fighting bums. Fury looked like garbage against low-ranked Wallin, Joshua got beaten by an obese Ruiz, Ruiz looked awful against Joshua, Wilder got beaten by an out of shape Fury coming off a huge layoff, Ortiz looked like an old man against Hammer, Povetkin looked like an old man against CW Hunter, Joyce looked bang average against a Jennings who'd come off a KO loss to Rivas, Parker got beaten by Whyte, Kownacki went life and death with Martin, and Chisora got KOed by Whyte already.

Look at who Whyte's challenging and beating, not who he's looking less than stellar against. That'll give you the true measure of where he should be ranked at the moment, and if you don't find him firmly in the top five then you're only looking for excuses not to put him there.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  5. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    He still hasn't replied to this thread. Can't believe it!!!

George Crowcroft likes this.
  6. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This is so much bollocks. He has much more than a UD* over Parker. He has Parker, Rivas, Chisora 2* and Browne. Better résumé than the two fighting next week...

You understand there's such thing as styles? And either way, what does this entire second paragraph have to do with anything? I can tell you exactly why each of these happened but there's no point coz it doesn't mean anything...

10? You're barmey pal. If you can name 10 Heavyweights you think are better than Dillian Whyte right now I'll be amazed. As there aren't. Even if you can name 10, I guarantee using the standards you're using for Whyte I'd be able to tear about 7 of them down.

Also, just a quick word on the Parker fight coz you seem to thing it's not legit. Take away that KD from the headbutt, and score it with non-bias and a brain there's still no way of getting a Parker win... He simply didn't win 8 rounds. A draw is the best Parker could've got. Saying he was under prepared? **** off we both know that's made up. His camp was exactly how he wanted it.

It's Ovah and Wizbit1013 like this.