Whyte is terrible...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    His form is absolutely cringe-worthy to watch.

He makes Froch look like Mayweather! Wilder isn't this bad.

It's clear that he was juicing. The performance from earlier was dreadful.

He's done.

Southpawology, fenoc1, N17 and 3 others like this.
  2. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Whyte took a fight at short notice and turned up a stone and half overweight and it showed tonight. Whyte was shattered by the 5th round, looked much slower and didnt carry the power he normally does. Scored it 7 rounds to 3 for Whyte in a disappointing peformance.

Whyte will be back early next year and will be in better shape and produce a much better peformance. . If Whyte turns up in the shape he was for the fights against Parker, Rivas and Chisora then hes tough fight for anyone in the divison.

N17, ryanm8655 and Aydamn like this.
  3. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    There’s not being in fighting shape and there’s not being in shape,

There’s a difference

There’s no need to let yourself get fat as **** between fights, especially heavies, it’s your job.

4. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
    He's certainly nothing special, and won't ever win a version of the belt. But fair play to him - he's a multi multi multi millionaire. Same as Chisora.

Boxing gone mad.

Gary Mason was better than those two and retired potless.

fenoc1, N17, impacted and 5 others like this.
  5. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I like Whyte, like his attitude and not basing this on the Wach fight which was a glorified spar but I’ve said all along that Wilder executes him. It’ll be brutal and it’ll be early. Might even be a classic Hagler v Hearns affair but he gets destroyed.

N17, lloydturnip, Scissors and 3 others like this.
  6. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    Wilder would put him to sleep.

fenoc1, chico g, N17 and 3 others like this.
  7. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Agreed with the last two posts.

Wilder, as poor as he is, is all kinds of wrong for Whyte. It'd be the nastiest KO for sometime, I bet.

N17 likes this.
  8. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He looked awful last night. His performance and his physique. He was also throwing some odd looking/illegal punches at times. Karate chops is the best way I could describe them Lol.

9. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    He’s a tough gatekeeper type boxer.

Even in his biggest wins, he’s been dropped, gone to hell and back with Chisora, couldn’t put a dent in Helenius.

He’s never going to be a champion.

10. Momus

Momus Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Not sure taking the fight was a great idea. He wasn’t in shape, Wach isn’t a guy he’s ever going to blow away, so it was going to be a struggle.

People would then (naturally) point to him being off the juice as the reason.

It would have been better to give him a gimme, or just wait line up the next big one.

As bad as Whyte was, he didn’t look much better against Helenius.

N17 likes this.
  11. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t buy the “fight on short notice” excuse. He’s meant to be a top athlete, he should always be in the gym to some extent and therefore in some sort of decent shape. Add to that the “drugs charge” excuse. So what that a drugs charge was hanging over him? Do you think Canelo stopped going the gym when he had one hanging over his head? It’s just down to sheer laziness and unprofessionalism. If he wants to make it to the top that needs to change, ASAP.

I believe Whyte does have tools to trouble some of the top 10 in the division but when was the last time he looked good? Wach? No. Parker? No. Chisora x2? No. Helenius? No. It’s only the Lucas Browne fight who lets face it, isn’t even British level. I’d worry about putting Whyte in there with Povetkin, (back in with) Parker, Usyk, Pulev, Ortiz and Ruiz. I really would based on his recent fights.

12. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Whyte's power has been vastly overrated after knocking out an extremely fragile Browne, past it Chisora and knocking down Parker (who wasn't hurt a bit). Wach walked through those marveled left hooks with 271 lbs behind them like they were nothing. It was actually Wach who was doing more visible damage there.

Give us Chisora trilogy, they are unofficially 1-1 and I think Dillian's arch-nemesis can still produce one good performance and beat the brakes off Whyte one more time.

chico g, Brixton Bomber and N17 like this.
  13. Jacko

Jacko Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    To be fair, Wach has a good chin. I know he has been stopped before, but, considering he has no defence, his chin is solid.

14. murphman22

murphman22 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Whyte just isn't very good, but his conditioning is a of huge importance. If he is in good shape, which he has been progressively in following Joshua all the way to Rivas, then he is a handful. He fights for large parts of the rounds and roughhouses opponents. But also showed an ability to change gameplans like Chisora 2 (which I maintain Chisora would have won if he fought a more measured fight rather than loading up for 11 rounds before being chinned through sheer exhaustion). It proven enough to make him a fortune which good marketing from Sky.

Last night, Whyte was in bad nick and it showed. He looked terrible and was hurt a few times and crawled over the line. He has a decent left hook but his right hand is pretty much non existent in terms of power. I think Wilder wouldn't have anywhere near the boxing issues he had with Ortiz and would blast him out. The other issue is that he was a PPV fighter and with the drugs issues and public perception, I think it will be a tough sell. I thought the Rivas fight was a disgrace personally, in terms of it not being PPV worthy. Not sure where Hearn can place him and pay him what he wants.

Gatekeeper, Brixton Bomber and N17 like this.
  15. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Given the circumstances I'll cut him some considerable slack, he's got to knuckle down now though. A peak condition Whyte is trouble for anyone, is a peak condition Whyte something we'll never see again though?

N17 likes this.