Whyte/Povetkin official

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Not necessarily
    Styles make fights

Just because one fighter beats another doesn't mean they in turn will beat another fighter
    The whole triangle theory is complete rubbish in this sport

2. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Judging a boxers abillity should be based on what they do on the ring and resumes not if the are a Matchroom fighter or not like some posters on here.

If by "bags" you mean hate every PBC fighter then no I don't - Ruiz, Martin and Porter are likeable guys and undderrated by a lot posters on this forum. Are there a lot overrated fighters that resumes dont dont back the hype? Yes, Wilder, Ortiz and Charlos are very overrated boxers in my opinion.

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Ruiz and Martin - come off it mate assuming you are on about Baby Butterbean and Charles Martin

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  4. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    "resumes" seem to be the your way of choice to rate where s fighters at
    Thats fair enough but your surely never used that method when bigging up Martin?

5. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    the tubby little Mexican fella made big Josh QUIT like a dog and run about like a lost rabbit in the rematch

Joey twelve Parker went fifty fifty with the tubby Mexican and got the nod on points at home in the green hills of new zoyland

This is the same joey twelve who went life and death with dillian Whyteleafe, who himself went life and death twice with a shot to pieces old delboy chisora

one armed Whyteleafe buzzed Joshua before getting banjoed, Joshua needed a terrible home ref to go twelve with joey twelve

One big circle jerk.

the only point of reference for the number one in the division is he absolutely schooled a prime version of chisora twice

Jurgen likes this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I posted frequently long before he got beat that the CV of Tony Dosh PPV was full of puddings and he got battered by King Pudding in New York. The fact is he looks good in terms of muscle definition, he is never an elite boxer having failed to even clean out the puddings.

Paint Dry Parker, Pudding Whyte and Pudding Chisora the axis of pay per puddings in the previous 3 years.

7. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Ruiz is the former unified champion that currently has the best win a divison over prime AJ. Also had a close fight with one of the top HWs in Parker in a title fight. Between Ruiz and Parker for fastest hands in the divison and probably the toughest chins.

I am not saying Martin is one of the real top fighters. I just think Martin was harshly treated and his ability written off completely due to the way he lost to AJ.
    Martin has shown he carries decent power in his left and dealt with Washington more impressively than Wilder or Miller did. Also unlucky not to lose a close entertaining fight against Kownacki and had it been 12 rounds instead of 10 i think Martin would of won as he was coming strong the second half of the fight.

I can see Martin winning a rematch against Kownacki if they fought again. I reckon Martin would also beat the PBC hyped prospect Ajagba who got dropped by Kiladze in his last fight. I wouldnt rule out Martin pulling off a upset against a flawed and more hyped opponent such as a Wilder, Ortiz or Miller.

8. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Allen 2.0 proved himself better than Whyte by stopping Browne quicker, to be fair.

9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I agree on Ruiz but I'm still confused as to how anyone can claim Martin was unlucky on the cards against Kownacki. He HAS since proven to be better than a lot of us considered him to be previously, in fairness. Him and Bakole might be a good fight.

Scissors likes this.
  10. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    its what the majority on the forum follow so I am communicating in their language and styles or no styles Hunter threw punches and put the pressure on and it wasnt enough for him lets see whytes pressure

11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I think Hunter is very overrated on here. He got a win against Bakole and showed how's these big flat footed heavies are vulnerable to a bit of movement.

12. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Kownacki absolutely battered him. Martin showed a surprising chin and won about 3 rounds late on, however, I just thought Kownacki got sloppy trying to finish him off & didn’t respect Martin’s power. Kownacki reminds me of Joyce where he relies on his chin and overwhelms opponents with his punch output.

13. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    He was overrated by the majority thought, not minority... and he was classed as a level above whyte by the majority

14. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Charles Martin UNDERRATED lmao.

I didn't know Whyte had so many haters on here. Calling him average is stupid. He always turns up to fight and gives it his all for the fans. Hopefully he beats Povetkin in style and certain people might change their tune.

15. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I've not seen anybody say that and if they did it was probably 1 or 2 max. I think people would say Hunter is a better technical boxer than Whyte but I wouldn't think many would say their fight would be a foregone conclusion.

Wizbit1013 likes this.