Whyte promises he will Knock out Povetkin in the rematch.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Aug 26, 2020.

1. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I wouldn't take whytes claims too seriously.. he looks like he is still concussed and in lala land. with that said, I also wouldn't compare Kovalev's losses and AJ's losses to Whytes... they weren't knocked out cold, their fights were stopped, Whyte was out cold.... Usually fighters after being KO'd cold like that don't recover their careers.... Look at Amir Khan, look at Roy Jones... they were never the same... I would say a fight we can compare it to is Lewis vs Rahman, were Lewis was KO'd cold, and then came back..... but thats the only example I can think of... it's very unlikely WHyte will do that... Plus imagine the confidence Povetkin will come in the fight with... he will fix his mistakes of getting hit...

2. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Povetkin is clearly better than whyte in every aspect only age and size is on whites site.
    Povetkin is cagey as f. And an extremely experienced long time top 3 world level fighter with an Olympic gold. I am more then sure he sparks whyte again with an uppercut, left hook or overhand right. Whytes chin is not stable and his defense not existent. The only chance whyte has is to go for broke and land a couple of hayemakers to beat povetkin, cause povetkin is not getting knocked out with one punch.

Wlad couldn't hold him down and joshua had to bring a big combination after hurting him to hold him down.

Whyte is an average club fighter with big power and a good promoter. That's all

3. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    He was fighting safety first, it was a cagey fight with little landed except jabs the first four rounds, in the 4th the knockdowns happened and after the first knockdown Whyte backed off, he floored Pov again after Pov became more aggressive pinning Whyte on the ropes, all of rd4 was just Pov punching a shelled up Whyte`s arms.

Dance84 likes this.
  4. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Whyte was out-boxing Pov till the KO, Pov couldn`t land a thing when Whyte shelled up in his high guard, he caught Whyte on the counter which wa how he was beating AJ until being caught, Pov lands mostly with counters he really struggle to open Whyte up before catching him with the counter uppercut, poor display, he is completely finished asw a top level operator.

5. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    He nearly did.

6. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Not to mention Povetkin arguably won every round except for the 4th.