Whyte trying to sabotage Wembley PPV

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Hattonmad, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    They took the last couple of (Covid decimated) purses and extrapolated that figure as representative of his commercial pulling power. A power they were happy to take advantage of when they were taking the purse percentages for his ownership of their tinpot silver belt, but which they chose to manipulate downwards when it served the interests of more influential forces within the 'sport' and then ignore the promised purse split benefit to the holder of that belt.

One more example of a boxer getting stittched up by the old boys brigade. Plus ca change... Some of the people who would rightly be calling it out in any other instance aren't doing so here because they don't like the boxer concerned. And yet:

Finkel likes this.
  2. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Fury’s retiring in 3 weeks, so he says.

3. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Why is everyone (Warren included) complaining then? Surely it makes no difference what Whyte does as everyone is coming to watch fury anyway?

Jolly Roger and aaaaa like this.
  4. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    I think buys would be far higher with either of those two because they'd enthusiastically be taking part in all the pre-fight nonsense which would garner the additional awareness and interest of the casuals that turns a mediocre PPV return into a massive one. Much as I prefer watching parties seethe it's not going to sell anywhere near as much as it could if Whyte/Ruiz Jr or Miller had been engaging in the usual antics.

Which to anyone who has watched boxers being shafted by promoters again and again absolutely ****ing hilarious. lol

Fibbo likes this.
  5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Yet the promoter is fuming that Whyte isn't promoting the fight.

Why is that if the only show in town is Tyson Fury?

Mitch87 and aaaaa like this.
  6. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    Giving 6 tickets to the away fighter (in a 90,000 stadium) in a world title fight is ridiculous.

hobby rider, Puroresu_Fan and Holler like this.
  7. Holler

Mar 12, 2018

It's remarkably petty. :lol:

Be even funnier if they were back row obstructed view*

*I know there's no obstructions, but wouldn't put it past him to introduce one.

8. Fibbo

Fibbo Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2021
    94,000 tickets bought by fans wanting to see Tyson Fury

Whyte could not sell out a phone box

9. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Put it this way if I had a job with a guy who I thought was a dick but I had to do it for money or a good career move like Whyte I would only what I am paid to do and that's it.

Whyte is obviously bringing some eyes on it and anyone pretending otherwise is daft. Last fight Fury had in Europe you could hear fans booing him for being boring.

KermitTheFrog and aaaaa like this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Yet his already sold out the 02 and shifted hundreds of thousands ppv buys.

I don't know why some Fury fans are trying to push the narrative that Whyte is some obscure fighter that nobody has ever paid to watch fight.

aaaaa likes this.
  11. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    Fury fans are the strangest breed around. People slate Matchroom FC but Fury fans are something else.

Jolly Roger likes this.
  12. Fibbo

Fibbo Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2021
    Jedward sold out the O2

Col Mortimer likes this.
  13. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    It's in the rules. Basically a get out clause. The WBC are 'voting' on a lot of issues that do not suit their agenda.

He is not getting stitched up, he is getting more than his commercial worth.

Frankie Blue Eyes likes this.
  14. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    It’s not the fee people are unhappy with it’s the percentage. If someone has 50 sweets and gives their mate 3 it’s not more generous than if someone has 5 sweets and gives their mate 2.

Holler likes this.
  15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Under normal circumstances it should be 70/30 but when you have one fighter generating 9 figure's per fight and another 6 then it is not a fair split and the WBC agree. Why should Whyte get a lottery win pay day?

Frankie Blue Eyes likes this.