Whyte turns down AJ

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Jan 11, 2019.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    AJ could get Fury or Wilder next if he agrees to pay them a fair purse. Not too bothered about Whyte fight but he is certainly no worse than Miller.

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Previously you said...

3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I’ve been one of his biggest critics mate. I couldn’t take to him, I didn’t like the self entitlement that he seemed to have. I thought Browne might do him, but he flattened him. I thought Parker would be too good for him but he found a way to win, I thought Chisora could beat him but he sparked him, too. I’m honestly sick of him proving me wrong. It’s time that I acknowledged that he is a handful, he is dangerous and he has improved.

Just to add, I think AJ sparks him once again but he has earned his chance.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    moog, mrchappelow, underwraps and 2 others like this.
  4. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Thing is that Joshua has improved as well. Whyte went life and death with Chisora who has been beaten just about every time he's stepped up. He went life and death with Parker who Joshua beat without breaking sweat. And yes, in the Chisora rematch he pulled out a great stoppage but it was still close.

If Whyte had been the 16 fight novice and Joshua was a 30 fight champion then I get the idea of a rematch. As it stands a rematch would probably be entertaining but I don't see any difference in the result.

Potwash and Scissors like this.
  5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    That’s my point, we all know the outcome. I’m not gona sit here and say Miller has a chance or it will be a classic, I EXPECT the same result however unlike the Whyte fight I don’t KNOW. That’s why I’d choose Miller every day of the week.

I’d just like to add: see the dream fights thread. I want AJ v Wilder next. I have no care to see Miller or Whyte but if I had to choose one it would be Miller.

Inglis_1 and Potwash like this.
  6. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Thing is as much as Miller looks awful
    We really know sod all about him
    This is due to him fighting nobody worth talking about
    He could have a rock solid chin and just smother AJ
    I mean I honestly doubt it but who knows

7. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    20% of Wembley @ 80000 att (16k) beats 50% of the o2 @ 15000 att (7.5k). Capacity at the bottom of this link https://www.eventtravel.com/o2-arena-london-boxing

The point I am bringing to the table is this - was Dillian talking about % or £s? If it is %, then he needs to brush up on his maths.

I am using 20% as a lowball to emphasize the difference. This is based purely on the crowd, before PPV is even brought into the equation.

I very much doubt that AJ is ducking Dillian, Dillian burns a nasty flame inside AJ, he cannot hide it when he talks about him.

8. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    I'm glad they not fighting again.. it was never set in stone anyway. When Joshua got in the ring after the Chisora fight and basically said Whyte was third on the list I knew Dillian wasn't going to take that.

Nobody really wanted the Whyte/Joshua fight to happen and now it's not people are quick to hate. Neither man is ducking one another. They are both warriors who have proved it time and time again in the ring. Let's see how they both get on this year then who knows what will happen... I definitely feel for Whyet though cos the man has earned a shot at the belts.

Scissors, Juatthatek and TonyHayers like this.
  9. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Dont blane is hyte teally; he dorsnt stand a chance

10. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    We all have to remember Whyte had 50% power in the left hook 1st time around, coming off an injury and drug ban.

If Whyte had full strength and that shot landed no way does the big stiff bodybuilder get up

I do find it funny how AJ is running from so many fights lol

11. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    On Joshua this, how much money does one man need. Pay the money fight fury or wilder, that's what we all want to see.

BigDoofus and CutThroatFade like this.
  12. micker1

micker1 Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    I got banned for asking for links for a stream. I never asked for anything. I asked what channel mayweather was fighting on. The moderator is a ******

pow, Scissors, Potwash and 1 other person like this.
  13. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Big Baby Miller .....AJs big USA debut baby

14. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    This reeks of skatchroom spin to me

Tell the sky subscriber brains trust “big josh is offering whyteleafe peanuts” (on sky radio so it’s not too obvious)

The underlying narrative the sky addicts are unwittingly being programmed to think is “big josh is scared of whyteleafe”

The next part is tricky as it involves independent thought from the red button dwellers, it requires them forming their own conclusion that “whyteleafe must therefore be world class nowadays if big josh is scared of him”

Once that notion is implanted, when the negotiations finally conclude and the big fight is announced, the sky addicts will click on red without a second thought, after all this is the guy big josh didn’t want to face but in the end he simply HAD TO

15. Boxingfan200

Boxingfan200 USYK #1 P4P banned Full Member

Feb 5, 2017
    oh please Joshua destroys him for a 2nd time anyway. much rather see Joshua vs miller or pulev then whyte2...

Scissors likes this.