Whyte turns down AJ

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Jan 11, 2019.

1. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Whyte is a completely different fighter now. He has developed multiple ways to win fight, a vastly improved jab which is probably part due to his shoulder repair.

The guy is also one of the toughest out there and genuinely he believes he will win every time he steps into the ring. That alone is a nightmare in the HW division full of unmotivated coasters who can't get themselves into shape.

I think this is a great fight but wanted it after AJ fought one of Fury or Wilder. Actually Whyte vs Wilder is the fight I want to see next. I think that would be a war.

pow, Gatekeeper and S.K like this.
  2. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I find it impossible to believe AJ would duck Whyte. They have been planning this fight for over a year. Of course it's very possible they feel the Wembley event will bomb if it's not Wilder or Fury so they are looking to pack up shop to America. I'm sure they'd still love to fight Whyte.

Also, Hearn won't throw Whyte under the bus. As tragic as it is, he has established himself as a PPV fighter & Hearn doesn't have many of them left.

Scissors likes this.
  3. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Bingo.

If turning down an opening offer meant that a fight wouldn't happen there would never be another boxing match.

Scissors likes this.
  4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Undefeated, American, flashy personality, crowd pleasing style and he's 300lbs. Whyte has earned his shot but I have no interest in seeing him lose to AJ again, Miller against AJ at Madison Square Garden for example is hell of a lot more interesting.

5. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    The agenda is simple.

Build up Dillian Whyte's worth,, make a big drama surrounding the fight to make it look like AJ is reluctant to fight Whyte. As a result he's then made out to be a huge threat, so that when the fight inevitably is confirmed, the mugs feel they are going to see a real 50/50 ppv event.

Deels and 305th like this.
  6. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    AJ should just fight Pulev and get the mandatory out of the way. Wilder is hiding somewhere in Bamaland, Fury is gearing up for a apparent rematch and Whyte is playing hardball with AJ.

But AJ should pay Whyte fairly, more so Eddie should not be so ridiculous or stupid in offering him low ball money. Hearn is forgetting that Whyte saved his arse when the Whyte vs Parker took place. Who remembers how dreadful the lineup was for that PPV?

He needs to talk some real talk to AJ.

7. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Why Miller?

“Because he looks the part, big trash talking brash AMERICAN, and let me tell you this man isn’t scared of big josh.. did you see that out there? He talked about his MUM for God’s sake, his MUM koogs. And TRUST me when I tell you he WANTS this fight, you think a three hundred POUND brash trash talking AMERICAN big baby MILLER is going to take a backwards step?

I was speaking to millers trainer and TRUST me they are SUPREMELY confident they have the game plan, the trash talking, the BRASHNESS and the AMERICANNESS to best Antony Joshua, they’re not here to make up the numbers TRUST ME when I tell you this is a real FIGHT”

Is what Eddie Hearns said...

SambaKing1993 and Unforgiven like this.
  8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Luv it - multi millionaire PPV star and pudding now arguing over the share of PPV pie.

9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    The main now being touted to be in a PPV headliner is still without an opponent for next weekend.

10. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Isn't this also to do with the mandatory issue? Whyte is number 2 with WBO and Miller is number 3. Hearn will want to get the WBO mandatory out of the way so it has to be one of these two guys unless he lands a unification with Wilder?

11. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    As long as Whyte is dealing with misMatchroom, he will always be number two behind Joshua.

12. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I think Whyte is just trying to get more money from the fight which I am sure he will get offered and AJ Team is chancing their arms with a low first offer. The bit i dont like is Whytes promoter playing games with his own fighter over the purse.

Scissors and Twentyman like this.
  13. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Let’s be honest Whyte deserves his day again and if not with AJ then any other of the contenders for good good money. Carry on fighting and they won’t be able to mug him off soon as he could be the next biggest draw to AJ. Like a man who speaks from the heart and that’s Whyte all over.

14. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Whyte has sold more PPV's than Fury has which is amazing really

What a job Matchroom have done with him

The crowning would be if they managed to secure him the Wilder fight, which I think he would win.

That would setup an epic unification vs Joshua.

15. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Please God, make it stop.