Whyte v Chisora 3

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by themaster999, Mar 30, 2023.

1. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Probably a reasonable fight for where they are both at.

I thought Del won the first fight personally.

I wouldn’t pay £20 PPV to watch it but can understand the logic of it given both are shot

DoubleG95Fanatic and Furey like this.
  2. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    It won't be PPV I think. I also don't mind if it means Joshua fights someone other than Whyte next in July / August.

3. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Most had Whyte nwinningbthe first fight, but there were some who has Chsiora winning (normally anti Match brigade lot). Even with Chisora being the crow favour and more poplar fighter Whyte still got the decision despite the crowd being on Whyte side.

Chsiora is saying that about Whyte and Ortiz because he knows Whyte is the much more profitable fight.

Bakole wins over Kuzmin and Yoka are similar level to Wilders best opponents. However it's the eye test, Bakole has the better chin, tougher, better jab etc. We all know Wilder can't box on his back foot at all and Bakole would put pressure on him from the get go. I can't see Wilders glass chin and paper chest taking Bakoles power especially he won't be able to throw a wilder haymaker on back foot.

I want nothing more than AJ to fight Wilder. However we all know Wilder has no intention of fighting AJ hence mutiple ducks confirmed by Wilders former manager. Haymon and Finkel have no confidence in Wilder against AJ as proven with their actions.

Whyte only pulled out of the Wallin fightwhen he was announced as mandatory for Fury so he could enforce the mandatory as soon as possible. Don't blame him, if I had been number for years and mucked about by WBC I would want to get my title shot as soon as possible.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  4. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    To be fair both fights were good entertaining fights... especially the first fight, that was a cracker.

So yeah, why not. I'd watch a 3rd one.

5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    It's a great chief support

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Derrrreck being a fighter you have to fork out to watch is a mickey take of epic proportionz.

7. Redbeard7

Redbeard7 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2022
    Eyeonthering and Boxrec had Chisora winning:

https://eyeonthering.com/boxing/dillian-whyte-vs-dereck-chisora

https://boxrec.com/en/scoring/2118208

It was a classic 50-50, saying either man deserved to win or lose is incorrect in my opinion. Whyte got the nod because he was at that point only a Joshua victim rather than a Fury victim, and because he was younger, perceived to be fresher, having more potential etc. So I get why he got the nod but he didn't outfight Chisora.

If Chisora didn't want the Ortiz fight due to monetary concerns then why not just say that? He's said he's in it for paydays many times. It's because Chisora is honest here and regards a 44 year old Ortiz as being more dangerous than Whyte. Don't forget that back in 2016 he compared Ortiz to a "southpaw Mike Tyson":

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/ne...-scott-and-knows-his-strengths-and-weaknesses

"We all know Wilder can't box on his back foot at all"

Wilder recently sparked Helenius in 1 on the backfoot, who you claimed was "too dangerous for Wilder" and "high Euro level". Most of Wilder's best wins have primarily been boxing on the backfoot (Stiverne 1, Duhaupas, Arreola, Ortiz 1, Ortiz 2 etc.) He wasn't able to beat Fury of course but champ Wlad couldn't lay a glove on Fury, let alone Chisora and Whyte.

What level is Yoka, seeing as Takam just schooled him at 42? Tony Thompson at 42 was a better win. Kuzmin has beaten no one of note, unless you count David Price and a MD with that obese midget Dawejko (who probably put AJ down in sparring, in fairness).

Wilder has proven in the ring that he's not a coward, Joshua hasn't. All of the negotiations is he said she said, character is revealed in the ring. Joshua has fought one decent puncher or serious KO threat in his last 9 fights, they're not going to put him in with Wilder unless they are 100% cashing him out.

Whyte could have beaten Wallin and fought Fury but he was scared of losing to tall southpaw mover Wallin, as Dean Whyte has all but admitted. And he could have fought Wallin rather than unknown Forrest SD Franklin. The fact that you accuse people of ducking in these byzantine negotiations but excuse this absurdly transparent longstanding duck is proof of your lack of intellectual honesty.

Inglis_1 and Furious like this.
  8. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Mitch and redbeard going h2h, only a matter of time before this happened

9. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    I'd be up for that (not PPV), the first 2 were great fights....especially the first which I thought Del should've won.

Although I'd prefer both being on the same card (then I wouldn't mind it being PPV), Whyte v Wilder and Del v Bakole/Dubois

10. Redbeard7

Redbeard7 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2022
    Ironic that if Chisora wins, his only two victories over former/future/current "top 10" opponents would have come when he's clearly a shopworn fighter.

11. BrokerNYC

BrokerNYC Nottingham Full Member

Feb 8, 2021
    They should do a tag team match, Whyte & Chisora vs Ruiz & Arreola, would make good viewing

12. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Wilder proves himself not coward in a ring? By beating low level opposition?

Ducking mutiple fights against Wlad, AJ and Whyte who are all clearly levels above anyone Wilder has beaten. It's not a case he said and she said, it's very clear and obvious who ducked who as it was with Bowe vs lewis, Fury vs AJ, Fury vs Usyk, Kabayel vs Joyce l, Ortiz vs AJ and Martin, Ortiz Hunter, Ruiz vs Hrgovic.

13. Azza43

Azza43 Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Awful. Gutter fight. Both on a steep slide. Surely even the loser of this would actually have to retire....

14. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    good job Fury gave his mate a payday so he wouldn’t have to fight again

ryanm8655 likes this.
  15. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    How many times can you flog a dead horse?