Whyte v Chisora 3

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by themaster999, Mar 30, 2023.

1. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Not a bad fight this one. First two were great. I had Chisora nicking the first and had him miles up in the second before the KO (watched it during a day sesh so may be wrong).

ryanm8655 likes this.
  2. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Clear off and go and colour in your Deontay Wilder scrapbook. If he had defended against Butterbean, you would probably come up with some stats to justify it.

Wizbit1013, SeanB1, sword and 2 others like this.
  3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Ah ok. RE: Hrgovic - don’t you think context is important? He’s probably the main example of ‘high risk low reward’ in the division at the moment, even after the Zhang fight.

When you factor that in, it’s easy to see why lots of fighters don’t jump at the chance to fight him. Especially with how irregular HW fights are.

Mitch87 likes this.
  4. Redbeard7

Redbeard7 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2022
    The one Fury landed which put pudding Whyte on Bambi legs.

Wilder was dropped once in 43 fights prior to Fury 2. How many times was Wlad dropped by low level journeymen? Actually, Wlad got stopped by a journeyman.

Who has Ruiz ever knocked down 4 times in a fight aside from Joshua? Who has he ever stopped. A nice collection of glass chinned bums.

Ortiz (KO'd Jennings in 7, Allen in 7, Cojanu in 2, Thompson in 6, Page in 8) was a power puncher. Fury (KO'd Cunningham in 7, Chisora x2 in 10, Hammer in 8, Whyte in 6) has a massive KO threat when he wants to fight that way. Stiverne (KO'd Arreola in 6) was a better puncher than nearly anyone Joshua's fought. Even guys like Duhaupas and Washington stopped Helenius and in Washington's case Forrest too, which would clearly be the best KO wins on the records of Takam and Parker.

In Joshua's last 9 fights he's fought one moderate KO threat (Povetkin), and he's still managed to lose three times.

You put Breazeale on the same level as Takam prior to Wilder fighting him Mitch. Don't make me dig those posts up.

The referee was constantly breaking up the action against Parker, giving the stamina-challenged Joshua plenty of rest so he could go 12 rounds for the first time. It was a common complaint about the fight, don't pretend otherwise. It shows how vulnerable Joshua was that they were pulling out all the stops against a tame gatekeeper like Parker.

You don't know how to judge records, I'll help you:

Wilder did significantly better against

Helenius than Chisora and Whyte

Breazeale than Joshua and Wallin post-Wilder

Fury than Wlad

Stiverne than Joyce post-Wilder 2

Arreola than Vitali

Duhaupas and Washington than Miller post-Wilder

Scott than Chisora and Ortiz post-Wilder

Firtha than Povetkin and Fury

Liakhovich, Szpilka and Ortiz than Jennings

Manswell than Chagaev

Morales, Liakhovich, Arreola and Ortiz than Ruiz post-Wilder

5. Redbeard7

Oct 9, 2022
    If you're going to trash boxers at least trash those who don't make a real effort to win. I'm not so partisan as to be a moron. I've got no problem admitting that many of Wilder's defences were soft. But let's drop the pretence that Takam, Pulev and Parker (among others) were killers, they had even less chance than Duhaupas given their styles, punching power, attributes etc.

6. Redbeard7

Oct 9, 2022
    Yet you regard beating no KO's or KD's against his best 10 opponents Takam as an achievement, it's completely arbitrary with you.

7. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    Never and wouldn’t ever say they were killers and didn’t call you a moron. Now stop eating your crayons.

Wizbit1013 and SeanB1 like this.
  8. Redbeard7

Oct 9, 2022
    Getting a bit tetchy sweetheart.

9. Sonny1

Mar 11, 2013
    It’s banter bud, we are all good. I do find your love of defending Wilders horrendous 10 defences of the green and gold odd though. I think he’s terrible, however just my opinion. Lucky for him, he has that raw power.

BrokerNYC likes this.
  10. Guru88

Guru88 Active Member Full Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Chisora seriously shouldn’t be fighting anymore and Dillian Whytes punch resistance has completely gone
    Sign me up.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  11. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    It's a great fight, unfinished business. The second one was 70-30 for Whyte but he's now past his prime while Chisora has maintained his form so it's now a true pick em fight.

12. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    tell me you know nothing about boxing without saying you know nothing about boxing hahahahaha

ryanm8655, Sonny1 and Mitch87 like this.
  13. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    It's a good fight if it is not PPV. If it is PPV though it is a joke. I would prefer people like Whyte and Parker to face the unbeaten heavyweights like Hrgovic, Sanchez, Makhmudov, Anderson etc instead of against each other. I can see the winner facing the winner of Joseph Parker against Demsey Mckean.

BoxingAddick and Mitch87 like this.
  14. Goober

Goober Member Full Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Definitely not ppv worthy but should at least be entertaining

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  15. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    "The first fight was brilliant" - Yeah that was getting on for six and a half years ago

"The second fight was good too" - That was four and a half years ago

Jesus Christ, these guys are totally shot. I don't know how many times I've said it but have you ever been in a fried chicken shop in London at around 3am and all of a sudden a couple of wannabe gangsters kick off? That's these two, Chicken Corner Brawlers, they're rubbish. This won't be entertaining, it will be the same overdone build up, same crap beef, same stupid voices, stupid faces, stupid haircuts, stupid fake personas and at the end of it we'll have two lumps swinging wildly and gassing. Whyte was getting outboxed by Chisora in the second one ffs. I can't handle watching another overhand right from Chisora, he has one win in his last 5 and that was a total gift.

Inglis_1, Manning and SeanB1 like this.