Whyte v Ruiz

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    I am sure we will see this at the O2 this year,

who would win in your opinion?

2. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Can’t see it happening. Difficult to say who wins. I’d probably pick Ruiz though. Can see Whyte fighting like he did in the Parker fight. Would need the ref on his side to win.

3. jcairns1

jcairns1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Would love to see this fight, I’d like to see Ruiz vs Kownacki as well.

4. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Ruiz needs to get rid of that posse of people who constantly follow him around, stop eating out everyday and start working with Manny properly to get his weight down. He was too heavy at 262 so he needs to shift 30lb's. That could take 3 months. Now he's got a lot more money than he did after the win, who knows where he is.

Holler, Juan carlos and bbjc like this.
  5. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Interesting fight, not one I want to see in 2020 though, 2019 was Ruiz' year... it's Whyte's turn

6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Cant see ruiz ever achieving much now tbh. He needs to rebuild....better off fighting slightly lower tiered guys working on his weight. The problem with that is hes had a taste of the money now...he,ll likely jump in with someone decent to get paid....and get beaten before losing motivation all together. Ashame cause he has the tools to be a good fighter.

Hoping he does use the joshua defeat as motivation....but if he cant use the victory over him as motivation makes you wonder what chance hes got of being relevant at the top of the current heavyweight division.

Wish some of these guys would take a step back to take a step forward sometimes.

Citizen Smith likes this.
  7. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    You have to give it to those fighters who keep themselves in shape. Wilder never has a picking on him, AJ has shown he has the will to change his body completely and Tyson lost a huge amount of weight for Wilder and seems that he has lost more since.

Ruiz is obviously the extreme at the other end, but Dillion also displayed same trait by coming in fat. Short notice, yes, but no reason not to be in the gym or running while waiting for a decision. It is his job after all.

bbjc likes this.
  8. ryanm8655

Oct 23, 2008
    Yeah but Whyte must have been having a tough time mentally, can’t really blame him for that.

9. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Ruiz is with PBC so doubt if Matchroom/DAZN will use him Eddie will try and keep Whyte in winnable fights which appear competitive I suspect Povetkin as a possible? One thing for sure is Whyte has to perform better than he did on Saturday.

Scissors likes this.
  10. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    I don't have much sympathy for that sort of thing. Everyone goes through turmoil and you have to get on with it.

11. ryanm8655

Oct 23, 2008
    Agree that there are different ways of dealing with things but you’ve got to give him the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

12. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Spot on mate. Joshua and wilder showing the rest of the division how it should be done atm. I dont really mind a fat or heavy heavyweight....cause some of these guys actually fight better heavier.

But turning up unfit....is unjustifiable. Regardless if its just a tune up or not. I dont get it...there must be 10 to 12 guys one or two fights away from getting the call to fight wilder or joshua....chance to make massive money....turning up out of shape.

I,d expect whyte to come in better shape than normal if anything at the weekend. Had an extended break without needing to rest up for a fight. Could keep going at it in the gym.

The way boxing is nowadays tho....a bad performance like whytes at the weekend might actually be a good thing for him. Cause people might actually fight him now. Sad state of affairs.

Citizen Smith likes this.
  13. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    Yes and we should not forget the cause of it was an adverse drugs finding which was caused by something he did (details unavailable). No one died and he did not suffer any tragedy. So what has he been doing for months?

14. Citizen Smith

Jul 12, 2019
    This is why I am so annoyed at this. Andy's training camp.

This content is protected

velagod likes this.
  15. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    people who have major tragedies in life are still expected to perform at their 9-5/business

shouldn't be any different for millionaire athletes.

crixus85 and Citizen Smith like this.