Whyte v Wallin off

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by themaster999, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Going back to your previous comment: "I mean, Whyte fought in America in 2017 so not entirely sure what COVID has to do with that."

You're going to need to try much harder than that to conceal your disingenuity. The decline in attendees to Whyte's bouts was caused by COVID. Prior to, he was selling out arenas or there abouts.

Like I said, you're hater. And that's a bit obsessive. The boxer is successful in his own right, show some credit.

The Destructive Power of Hate
    https://www.everydayhealth.com/emotional-health/destructive-power-hate/

2. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    The sequel was better.

3. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Going off-topic for a moment, Whyte was smashing Povetkin from pillar to post prior to the KO, so again... all the hate among you posters has caused permanent blindness as to that fact. Yeah Whyte got KO'd with a sweet shot, I'm giving credit there. It would have KO'd most Heavyweights, who denies that.

But Povetkin was in bad shape, with two knockdowns and losing the fight. Whyte was winning.

4. scandcb

scandcb Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2020
    Povetkin was past his best in both fights. He was a ghost in the rematch.

Whyte is a decent heavyweight, probably top 10, but he would have his ears boxed off by Usyk or Fury. Wilder and Joshua would beat him as well.

His box office appeal does not change this.

Wizbit1013 and aaaaa like this.
  5. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    It is, of course, irrelevant who was winning the fight prior to the knockout. Whyte was beating up a man he was supposed to beat up, but then get knocked out when he wasn’t supposed to. Silly Dillian.

crixus85, Twentyman and Wizbit1013 like this.
  6. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Dillian Whyte is still tarkin rubbish out of the side of his mouth and hoping to fight for a wurl title in Argos...

Failing that maybe another re-match with Sizzora...

Terminator and aaaaa like this.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I do not hate Whyte.
    I give him credit. He comes to fight and he is a decent heavyweight. He has made a lot of money and fair play to him.
    The only issue I have with the Dillian Whyte thing is how he has been hyped up as some sort of avoided super-contender, when really he is a man who turned down title shots and eliminators and rematches when it suited him, and whined that boxing was treating him unfairly despite being the most well paid boxer of his moderate ability level in living memory.

Aydamn, crixus85, Wizbit1013 and 3 others like this.
  8. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Good to have you back

Aydamn likes this.
  9. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Yep, similar comments about Galahad and Canelo on here.

Whyte wasn’t ‘cleared’ the first time he got banned.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  10. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    I haven’t mentioned any decline in Whyte’s attendances. That was someone else.

Suppose you need something to cling on to after all the turning down world title fights, getting sparked in Eddie’s back garden, failed drug tests and fake injuries. It’s looking bleak for Dirty Dillian.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  11. Jason Gordon

Jason Gordon Active Member banned Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    Yall ***gots get any *****?

12. teddybaldock

teddybaldock Active Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2010
    The fight wasn’t even half way done and Whyte got smashed to bits. Just cos he won 3 rounds against a 40 year old povetkin doesn’t mean that it isn’t a terrible loss for such a box office superstar master boxer Like pudding whyte

crixus85, Wizbit1013 and aaaaa like this.
  13. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Another day, another thread about PPV numbers and ticket sales.

It’s not a hard argument. Whyte is entertaining he’s not been in many dull fights, he tends to KO or be KO’d. I’m rarely disappointed when I watch a Whyte fight bar the exceptions like Wach etc.

Is Tyson Fury better? Leagues above.

There shouldn’t be any argument to have against either.

unfriendlyorchid likes this.
  14. aaaaa

Dec 19, 2020
    Just like the ‘Brook was up on the cards against Golovkin’ lot ignoring the fact he literally got his face broken barely 12 minutes into the fight.

velagod likes this.
  15. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    The key variable though is Fury fighting at 4/5am. It’s not a valid comparison.

If Fury fought the same fighters he has done (Wallin, Schwartz) but in the UK at 10pm he’d sell better than Whyte.