Whyte v Wallin off

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by themaster999, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Trafford

Trafford Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    That is what will happen. As interim champion according to the rules Whyte is eligible for 45%. Team fury have said they want that lowered to 20%

my understanding is that whytes arbitration will set out the percentage and he’s hoping for 40% and fury not to be allowed to become franchise champion. if he gets it he’s played it very well and fury will be backed into a corner. If he loses the arbitration I expect wbc will make an example and settle at 25%

unfriendlyorchid likes this.
  2. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Scared of getting beat.

3. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Whyte needs to realise that there's more sand at the bottom of the hour glass than the top, the Povetkin KO was his wake up call and that was a year ago. If he faces any of Wilder, Joshua, Fury, Usyk, even Joyce, he's getting beat, probably getting battered. The first three mentioned are the highest paid fights for him and probably career high paydays, if Fury is on the table he needs to take it, if he doesn't, fights someone else and gets beaten again, which is a distinct possibility, then surely it will be over for him. I'd back Wallin to beat Whyte, I'd back Joyce, possibly Dubois too as Whyte can't jab and come forward continuously like Joyce can. Parker and Ruiz Jnr I'd back to crack that Cantaloupe too.

KingKO likes this.
  4. tee_birch

tee_birch Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    If I was Fury and the WBC wanted to give Whyte 40% of the split I’d tell them to do one. Doesn’t deserve more than 25%

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Fury is saying he wants to fight in February or March, which is positive news. But he never seems to get that level of activity he needs, whether by bad fortune or his own doing.

I'd rather see him fight Whyte than anyone, just to show people how he is levels above Whyte.
    But Joyce is probably just as good a fight, or more of a risk actually.

6. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Yeah I agree with this.

I saw an interview he did at the Burton fight at the weekend. He said if he wasn't out in Feb or March he was going to sack his entire promotional team. I hope he means it.

Suddenly he's 33. He knows the clock is ticking for the unification fight, and both Usyk and Joshua are in their early/mid 30s too. If that doesn't happen in late 2022, boxing will have ****ed up another megafight until it's past its best.

Fury v Whyte in Feb/March 2022 please.

7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    If the rules say 45% then that's how it is. I don't want to see Fury messing about over percentages, instead he should use his trash talk to make his 55% even bigger. I don't want to see interesting fights slip through the net because of someone else's money.

EJC83 likes this.
  8. Quickeyg

Quickeyg Everyone has a plan until they get dropped 4x Full Member

Sep 13, 2018
    F$CK Dillian 13 per cent Whyte and his entire Fanboy girly girl Fanbase. Fury triggered the whole lot.

aaaaa likes this.
  9. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Whyte #CLEARED like I said he would be banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Regardless, Whyte didn't know that. He went in and did his job nicely. His attitude in that rematch deserves credit.

Secondly, top? So you rate how many guys ahead of him?

10. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Yeah sure, irrelevant when it suits you. Like a plum watch how you make it relevant in another topic.

Besides, the rhetoric is "Povetkin was a ghost in the rematch" yeah well in the first fight he was getting beat up by Whyte till the KO... which happens O B V I O U S L Y in the heavyweight division with two KO Artists.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  11. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018

That's a fair comment. I can respect this type of civility.

We can agree to disagree with regards to him being avoided, I feel Whyte has walked the walk more than any other contender out there. He took risky fights, when other contenders sat at home.

Hughie Fury also has taken risky fights for such a young up and coming guy, another notable mention.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  12. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018

Cheers and Hi5

13. scandcb

scandcb Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2020
    Usyk, Fury, Joshua and Wilder.

Arguably a few more too.

14. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    Yeah the first time he got banned was for a pre-workout, gave him benefit of the doubt.

Second time he got cleared. Which I trust is legit, I mean who is Whyte at the end of the day for him to be given special treatment by any anti-doping agency, he is a guy hated by the WBC and a non-champion in a pool of hundreds of boxers and athletes.

15. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    It's you doing the clinging darling. I'm just a guy appreciating Whyte's accolades. I'm a positive human being.

Here's some more positivity, Hughie Fury has done great to challenge top contenders at such a young, inexperienced level in his career.