Whyte v Wallin off

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by themaster999, Oct 20, 2021.

1. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    I wouldn't be shocked if Hearn knows a few Whyte secrets

Jurgen likes this.
  2. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    It's the nature of the game. Fury was already with Warren when he signed up with Arum, because they knew they needed someone that could negotiate on even terms with PBC.

I'm assuming you aren't suggesting he go it alone, because that would be a sure fire way to get ****ed over. So do you think there is a different promoter he should have gone with?
    Like he did fly over to America back when Hearn worked against him in the Joshua rematch, and started talking to the PBC. But I think it's fair to say he has done extremely well through his association with Matchroom.

3. Finkel

Feb 10, 2020
    Okay, well I appreciate the explanation, but we are discussing a specific case here. That of Haye and Whyte

Haye: This was a clear case of a Technical Knockout with Chisora beating the count of 8 and the referee waving it off, to save Chisora from himself.

Whyte: Rendered Chisora unconscious on the floor with a left hook. And Chisora, as he is a tough mf, even starts trying to get up but is struggling to keep his eyes open. His team seeing this, rush the ring as the referee continued a ten count.

If you haven't seen them, you can compare them below (I've time stamped them):
    This content is protected

This content is protected

Twentyman likes this.
  4. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Without the 'AJ effect' on boxing in recent years, as well as the Matchroom hype machine which worked so well hand in hand with Sky's platform Dillian Whyte would be fighting for 20k not 2+ million.

Eddie Hearn personally has played a major role in the above as he has consistently pushed and promoted the narrative of him being a top fighter ready and willing to take on anyone and everyone. This is of course far from the truth buy Eddie has done a brilliant job in making enough people believe it.

Of course it's not the only piece in the puzzle but it's clearly one of the biggest. Dillian would be nowhere without Matchroom.

5. Finkel

Feb 10, 2020
    Well...whilst I agree with a lot of what you are saying that Matchroom/Sky has elevated Whyte beyond where he can perhaps reasonably expect to be. He has had to actually back it up in the ring. Chisora, Rivas, Povetkin*, Helenius, Wach, Browne didn't beat themselves. Now you can remove Povetkin if you want, but that is still a list of names far exceeding most of the division