Whyte vs Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, May 9, 2019.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    This content is protected

Breazer5678 likes this.
  2. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Don’t blame Whyte to be honest. Getting screwed at every angle. Plus they’ll both value themselves to much in way of a split.

Easy work for Fury as well.

3. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    50/50 would be fair , the WBC know that neither would agree and it looks like they tried. Then when it’s turned down , we get Wilder - Old coward Ortiz or Wilder - fat coward Kownacki. Easy life for wilder.

BaileyBlack and de Morhalle like this.
  4. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Absolutely love this.

Should have taken the Ortiz fight, or the Pulev fight, or pushed the WBC for the Breazeale fight to be the eliminator or taken the AJ fight...

5. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Whyte will never get a shot at Wilder. Haymon will make sure of that.

Of course they mandated an eliminator against a non Haymon guy who just turned down mandated rematch against Wilder!

6. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I won't be getting excited about a potential Fury vs Whyte fight cos it ain't gonna happen.

Rainer and im sparticus like this.
  7. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Fury doesn't give 2 f***s about being mandatory. He already turned down 50/50 for the rematch

Rainer, im sparticus and Scissors like this.
  8. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Didn’t Fury declare yesterday that he’s retiring again after just three more fights? :duh

de Morhalle and Aydamn like this.
  9. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    God the end like whyte to walk the tight rope
    Whlist wrapping wilder in sheeps wool

10. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Complete sh*thouses are the WBC; giving the mandatory shot to a bloke who has just turned down a chance to fight for the title.

Whyte needs to hope he can continue milking the PPV cash cow because he’s destined to remain in no mans land

im sparticus likes this.
  11. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I cant see the fight happening but hope I am wrong. Would be a good fight, though only 1 winner in my opinion, Fury. Whyte wont want it as he would lose and Fury would not agree 50/50 when he is the bigger name, has achieved more and would bring the vast majority of the mo ey to the table. Dont want to sound like I am having a pop at Whyte who has done great for himself and has improved massively.

Scissors, Twentyman and im sparticus like this.
  12. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Exactly. He got offered a shot against AJ and bottled it, didn't wanna travel to fight Pulev and doesn't want anything to do with Ortiz but hey, after he scrapes through against Rivas by another controversial points victory, we'll probably see him go up against another B level contender like Bryant Jennings or Gerald Washington and then hear his fans moan about how hard done by he is.

PaddyGarcia and Wizbit1013 like this.
  13. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    He’s been mandatory for the best part of 2 years and fought a reasonable standard of opposition, certainly reasonable enough to earn a title shot. Boxing has never been a shining example of meritocracy, but the WBC are really extracting the urine here.

However, I do agree with the point about the AJ fight. Still think it was a poor decision turning that down.

14. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Whyteleafe’s best win is shot old delboy who fury schooled the prime version of twice (also the version of delboy prime VLAD ducked but let’s stay on topic here)

Now fury is going to fight an eliminator against whyteleafe, for the right to be mandatory - for the guy he just beat in his own backyard and got jobbed on the cards against.

Seems entirely legit I’m sure...

Inglis_1 likes this.
  15. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Whyte is being screwed but he should never of turned down the AJ fight.

tee_birch likes this.