Whyte vs Hearn The gloves are off

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by 2fast2fury, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Mate, you don’t mention Forbes enough when referring to Joshua. Can you please reference it a bit more so we’re all clear that he’s got loads of money. Thanks x

2. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    The reason for the repeated Forbes mentions are to counter an odd meme that seems to have appeared on here, namely Wilder and Fury have proved they can earn more than Joshua, Hearn is now under massive pressure, the casuals are walking away and so on.

There's also the odd scenario that Wilder's promoter can apparently make genuine 50m offers, yet his own charge doesn't get into the top 100 whilst Joshua breaks the top 25. If I'm Wilder, I'm aking why I'm getting guarantees of 1.5m.

3. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Why?

You seem to be under the odd mistaken belief that more titles = more money. Why?

Money paid to prizefighters is largely based on their ability as a draw.

4. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    @TonyHayers

Congratulations on being AJ's biggest cheerleader.

Do you think that AJ's aim to be boxing's first billionaire is backfiring on him (opponents turning down fights because of his desire to get the majority of the purse)??

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  5. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    No, I think Joshua is doing just well in terms of his finances, given he's the 25th richest athlete in the world for the latest Forbes list.

I'd suggest Wilder may have some serious questions, given he's not even in the top 100, has had twice as many fights, and his promoter can apparently chuck around $50m guarantees.

6. Security Service

Security Service New Member banned Full Member

Jan 12, 2019
    So your basically admitting you support a rascist and a black supremacist....

Joshua is protected. As that incident showed. The media went into lockdown, boxing media went silent on the questions to Hearn and Joshua

It’s still the way Joshua went about the whole incident which i find scummy. I believed the hacking story, but then a couple of weeks later when i saw his snapchat story with Mugabe mentioned, it almost felt like that it was his covert way of confirming it was him that sent those messages

These are all the hallmarks of a scummy man who cannot say what he really thinks about the world and what not...he’s a coporate fake as that incident showed

Brixton Bomber and BXNG101 like this.
  7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Nice one.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  8. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Nonsense.

How can you say “you can call the shots and make the all the money in future fights” if in your VERY NEXT FIGHT you have to give an EQUAL SPLIT to a guy that has no belts and has just lost to you?

You may never get that privilege because the possible ex-champ could defeat you.

Unforgiven likes this.
  9. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Guys your just feeding him
    I've given up and am going to enjoy this forum for its boxing chat
    F##KING Forbes lol

10. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I agree. This has got out of hand. AJ (of whom I am not really a fan) is a unified champion and the standout commercial crossover draw. Whyte is a challenger, and someone AJ has already knocked spark out, and is being offered a shot at all the marbles in a voluntary defence. Let me say that again - Whyte is CHALLENGING for the world titles. For his trouble, he is being paid many multiples of millions, and much more than in previous fights. If he wins, the rematch would make him 7 digits at 50/50.

Since when does a challenger turn down opportunities like this? "I won't fight you because you are asking for an even split should there be a rematch" is bonkers. I honestly think Joshua should forget about Whyte and forget about fighting anyone else who wants to ransom their involvement in a fight in this way. Blackball them. It certainly is money that is ruining boxing, but I think it's the greed of challengers rather than the champion. Can you imagine nobody wanting to fight mayweather 2.0 because he would be earning more than them? Hell no - the opposite - it was still the meal ticket for all fighters.

Oreet Cha!, Beez and Wizbit1013 like this.
  11. Chuck Wepner

Chuck Wepner Member Full Member

May 10, 2016
    He has to mention it a lot as it gives him comfort that he will be paid for his tireless work promoting all things Joshua online.

Brixton Bomber and Twentyman like this.
  12. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I think some of you are being seriously kind to Whyte. Wanting to step in to a Joshua fight on an equal footing - and yes, that includes rematch clauses and conditions - is not realistic when one person is a) a unified champion and commercial goliath, and the other is b) a fighter with no titles, already defeated by said champion, who is being given a voluntary defence, who has been rebuilt into a PPV fighter (just... and that many question) within the last 12 months.

TonyHayers and Wizbit1013 like this.
  13. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I though it was a great vid and I would say their relationship is pretty strong tbh. (Eddie and Whyte) .

Cliff notes (without biased agenda for those who are interested):

Whyte was actually willing to accept the latest offer but was not happy with the rematch clause being so one sided towards AJ..

A.J. made better offers to get the fight done but still wants the lions share of the rematch because it would be a voluntary defence..

Dillion is willing to wait for mandatory status because it will mean no rematch clause but Eddie mentions the split would only be 20%...

Eddie managed to get the rematch up to 50/50 but Whyte wants the reversed splits to the first fight..

Now my biased thoughts (well ever other poster has put them out there!!)

I still think everyone is being too greedy trying to fight AJ.

I just don't understand Whyte's logic about the rematch. He is getting a voluntary defence which he was happy with the figures but the fact a rematch clause also had lob sided figures he was willing to forgo the fight and wait until he gets a mandatory 80/20 split??

Yes he becomes the new AJ so to speak but that doesn't happen until he shows it wasn't a fluke.

If he is confident in his ability then go beat him twice, still get life changing money and then take AJ's money factory for himself.

Same for Wilder (and Fury too I suppose but Fury will take a financial hit because he believes in himself), he had the chance to take all the belts but short term thinking spoilt long term gain..

14. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Then he’ll have to sign away any rights to that ‘lions share’ in a rematch if he wants a voluntary shot at all those belts !

Personally think he’s crazy to turn down £4.5m or whatever the offer is to fight AJ . Whyte seems to think he can keep beating anyone outside the top 3 , I just don’t think he’s very good and it’s a dangerous game if you ask me, lose 1 and he’s back to Saturday Fight Nights.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  15. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    They have a great relationship considering there is no long term contract.

I thought it was jokes when Hearn described Whyte telling him he wasn't go anywhere and vice versa when Whyte described Hearn telling me him not to go elsewhere.

I think Whyte wanting the split reversed in a rematch was unrealistic. If Miller beats AJ he wouldn't get the majority split in a rematch as its still AJ who brings the money. 50/50 for a rematch would be fair.