Whyte vs Rivas

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Twentyman, Jun 20, 2019.

Whyte vs Rivas

1. Whyte KO/TKO

36 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Whyte points

34 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Rivas KO/TKO

33 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. Rivas points

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Draw

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Yeah I dont doubt that but how does affect Ortiz fighting Whyte?

You mean Ortiz wont fight in UK unless its an experiment to make him popular? Whyte would give him popularity, buckets of cash snd a damm good fight... why say no to a main card event?

Be real man, he ducked the AJ fight too... at his age he cannot afford to say no to these fights they dont grow on trees

2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    No thats not what im saying
    Hearn was his promotor at that point trying give him exposure so he could profit of him down the line
    Didnt pan out
    When the Wilder shot came around he was part of PBC who are notorious at keeping things in house

Right? Debatable
    But it puts things in prospective

3. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Got the feeling this is going to be an absolute war

4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’ve changed my mind on this. Think Whyte just nicks it over the distance now.

5. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Really looking forward to this fight.

I make Whyte strong favourite but I wouldn't rule out Rivas with his punching power.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  6. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Was listening to Whyte on 5 live boxing podcast the other day. Jesus Christ he’s tedious now. Going on about what’s the point of Wilder rematching Ortiz before then saying how AJ should rematch him (Whyte).. then going on about Wilder turning down Joshua when it’s widely reported he did the exact same. Very boring now and I’d be more than happy for Rivas to put an end to this crap for a min on Saturday... expecting a Whyte win though although I’ve not seen a great deal of Rivas in fairness.

CST80, Twentyman and emallini like this.
  7. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    12k sold. I thought was looking worse.

If this does 300k PPV buys they should be ecstatic.

8. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Boxing fans programmed by boxing promoters to think and speak like boxing promoters.

It’s a god dam EPIDEMIC

CST80, Twentyman and emallini like this.
  9. emallini

Mar 16, 2008
    This content is protected

10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Looking forward to this on Saturday now. My Mrs goes away for a couple of weeks so I'm going to sit indoors and get absolutely STEAMED on cans and boxeo. My concerns are thus: Allen's fight is a stinker because they're both terrible. Chisora puts in one of THOSE performances (which actually only tends to happen against someone who can actually jab and move, which Spzilka can do a bit) and that Whyte decides to box.

I don't want to see a single ****ing jab thrown the whole night. I want body shots and hooks ONLY. I want to see the favourite in each fight get KO'd in the last round and then I want to watch roided Manny punch Thurman's horrible hair across the screen whenever ITV show their god damn repeat.

Let's go boys, let's get this bread. Inshallah.

im sparticus, Jobo1878 and Twentyman like this.
  11. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Certainly not worth buying.

12. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Won’t get near 300k, Whyte has some serious popularity if it does. I’m contemplating not even watching it, can’t get excited for it.

13. emallini

Mar 16, 2008
    Just doesn't have the big PPV fight feeling.

14. emallini

Mar 16, 2008
    Hearn is taking the ****

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I feel like there could be a shock on for the headline fight. Obviously, I appreciate that I get most of my predictions wrong, I think this is going to be a tough night for Whyte.

Rivas is like one of those little pistachio nuts where the shell hasn’t opened enough for you to prise it open. He’s so tucked in with a high guard, he has zero movement but he stays right in the pocket. That type of opponent is tough to crack open, especially when you consider that Rivas is also quite conservative with his punch output.

Now to add some context to this, Whyte wants to make a statement, he wants to entertain and back up his claims to a shot at Wilder. If this is an eyesore, he struggles to justify another PPV against an unknown. So coasting to a points victory is surely not the statement he wants to make. So imo he will have to let his own hands go and load up to try and crack Rivas open...that’s where Rivas catches him. If this fight was two years ago, i’d expect Whyte to just coast but the expectation and pressure is 100% on Whyte and 0% on Rivas.

Suspect.chin, Holler and anjawnaymiz like this.