Whyte would still get iced by Wilder in brutal and early fashion

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Max Thunder, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Presumably because he thinks of himself as a King and everyone else is a peasant.!

2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    This is what Whyte thinks of Wilder

Skip to 04:41 of this video

This content is protected

For the OP, Wilder tasting his first official loss (even though its actually his second as he lost the first Fury fight too). Is going to mess with him mentally and create a lot of doubt. It only makes the likelihood of Whyte potting him even more likely than it was prior to him being beaten shitless by Fury in the 2nd fight.

Aydamn likes this.
  3. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    This content is protected

LOOOL

ahhh destruction got in before me nice one

4. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Lol

Wilder is a bum

Whyte would ice him quicker than fury did.

Delusional

5. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Wilder should have a trilogy with geriatric Ortiz, because thats the extend of his abilities. He was exposed, and we all knew this entire time that he’s just a puncher beneficiary of Careful matchmaking

6. rusev

rusev Active Member Full Member

Jan 30, 2007
    That's the fight to make , if Wilder wants to get back in the mix. No need for third fight with Fury.

7. darksheep

darksheep New Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2019
    imo 50/50 fight, but I think Whyte would break Wilder with pressure, body shots, all that kind of stuff.

8. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I think that if Wilder continues and does not make any significant changes to his skillset, then there is a distinct possibility that another opponent will be able to do a number on Wilder quicker than Fury did.

Fury took Wilder apart on so many levels, exposed deficits left right and centre, Fury had a gameplan however he did not 100% know what would or would not work, future opponents now have that info, and can/need to hone a plan to fit their own style, physique, skillset etc, because as others have mentioned, most other fighters do not have Furys skills, height or bulk.

9. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    How can anyone watch that fight and come to the conclusion that Wilder beats Whyte? Whyte is a MUCH heavier handed fighter than Fury. Fury beat Wilder by breaking his body down and taking advantage of his poor defence and fundamentals. Talking like Whyte can't use the same principles to form a game-plan is ridiculous. Whyte's body assault is 10x Fury's... That left hand slaughters Wilder.

Anyone ever noticed how aggressive Wilder can get, ala Stiverne 2 and Breazeale? He's hardly a cool, calm, collected type guy so Whyte's trash talk could very well set him in this mode, especially if he accuses Wilder of being a coward, ducking him, making excuses, being weak ect. Once done and Wilder's seething and fighting like a maniac, Whyte sits back and finds a left hook, BANG. We all know Wilder won't take one of those puppies. The body shots would RUIN Wilder too, no way can he eat those. Simple game-plan for Whyte, hard loss for Wilder.

10. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I'm not sure Whyte can repeat what Fury did. But I do think he has a chance of beating him. He has the good jab, will push forward, hits more than hard enough, is stronger and counters well, he would not be an easy fight for Wilder at all.

But he doesn't have the range or movement to stay out of danger, he'd be far more likely to get hit with a big shot than Fury. While Whyte's boxing skills have definitely improved and continue to improve from what I've seen, he's still a long way off from being as elusive as Fury.

I think right now it's a 50/50 fight. Comes down to who lands the big shot first.

11. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Wilder's keys to success (pattern repeated throughout his career)

Wilder fighting coming forwards

Opponents standing right in front of him

Giving him a 2-3 second window to throw his right hand

12. Veys9

Veys9 Let's go Champ! Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Not impossible that Wilder beats Whyte if the right hand lands. But most likely, Whyte would bring the fight to Wilder, chasing and cornering him, bullying him with bodypunches and sooner or later a left hook or right hand could land on the head of Wilder, making way for the finisher. A fight I would love to see, but does Whyte have interest in fighting Wilder now without the belt? It's more like Wilder needs to be blessed by Whyte to get the fight in the UK now for a good payday, lol. But probably he will go for the rematch with Fury.

13. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Of course it was a knockdown, wtf are you talking about?

14. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    If you dont want to accept that whyte WASNT HURT when Rivas got the knockdown I wont believe Wilder wasnt hurt when Fury got the knockdown

so you can go SUCK YOUR MOM

HYPOCRITE

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  15. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I've always fancied Chisora to stop Bootleg D

Brighton bomber likes this.