WHYTE

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by moog, Apr 24, 2022.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Listened to a post fight interview with Dillian Whyte. He is delusional, thinks the fight was very close and he was starting to get more and more success to the body.

His old trainer Mark Tibbs who worked wonders with him predicted his slow feet would be an issue and predicted Fury finishing it with uppercut. I think him getting rid of Mark Tibbs was a huge mistake. What are people's thoughts?

Still would not have won with Tibbs mind you.

2. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
  3. Whytesnake

Whytesnake Armchair GOAT Full Member

Apr 3, 2021
    With Tibbs Dillian was unbeaten and with Xavier Miller he’s lost 2 out of 3

4. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    "I wasn't outclassed"

Urm yes you was mate

5. FastLeft

FastLeft Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2022
    He did a little better than Tom Schwarz.

catchwtboxing and moog like this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I posted long before Usyk stepped up to Heavyweight that he would pose the biggest threat to Fury's undefeated record due to his hand speed, ring IQ, heart and skillset.

Whyte will always struggle against Fury and Usyk types with Wilder a big danger to his health but he is a live contender against the rest.

Fury has went to a level I did not see coming with Sugar Hill and Whyte can improve under the right trainer once he accepts his weaknesses and works on improving these areas.

Wladimir Klitschko packed serious glass and had serious stamina issues but Steward worked on his weaknesses making sure his chin was never exposed.

Whyte is now 34 and he can come again but has no more time to waste dealing with his weaknesses.

Sadly for him another defeat has him taking over the Dull Boy Chisora role

7. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Listened to a post fight interview with Dillian Whyte. He is delusional, thinks the fight was very close and he was starting to get more and more success to the body.

His old trainer Mark Tibbs who worked wonders with him predicted his slow feet would be an issue and predicted Fury finishing it with uppercut. I think him getting rid of Mark Tibbs was a huge mistake. What are people's thoughts?

Still would not have won with Tibbs mind you.

8. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Whyte will never be a top dog, he does not have the punch resistance, or speed. You would think someone that slow would do dancing lessons to improve speed of feet.

9. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Admin - Please delete thread, it's s duplicate.

10. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
  11. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Usyk could even be in front of Fury on points, but Fury would stop him late imo. Remember listening to Steve Egan (Fury's amateur coach) who said Fury would be like a dumper truck against Uysk, Just go right over the top of him by imposing his size.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    Jurgen likes this.
  12. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    He needed to arrive on the World Scene at the same time as Joshua as he had every chance of winning a World Title with some of the worst World Champions around at the time.

moog likes this.
  13. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Fury is the man to beat now but Usyk would be the most difficult test for him out of the current crop - I think he would have to stop Usyk to win the fight.

Saying that Fury has surprised me from his win in Dusseldorf and it is going to take a seriously good contender to beat him.

channy and moog like this.
  14. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thing is is that people talk about Usyk like he's not smart and Fury can keep the pace that Usyk can set.

This won't be about size, but smarts.

moog likes this.
  15. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Not at all. Usyk is a genius like Fury. I think ability wise, ring IQ wise they are both very similar (elite), it's just that Fury has the physical advantages too.