Whytes fighting this week...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by themaster999, Nov 22, 2022.

1. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Really puts into perspective how important sky was for the british boxing boom

littlebrain likes this.
  2. littlebrain

littlebrain Active Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2022
    Also shows how many mugs were scammed by Hearn to watch puddings yet they fell for it time and again with Joshua, Whyte, Chisora etc without an elite trait in any of them.

Frankie Blue Eyes likes this.
  3. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Routine win for Dillian to get him back to winning ways at the end of the year against an undefeated opponent.

Will set Hearn up for Dillian v AJ next year.

4. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    What a monster that will be. 2 losers fighting on DAZN ppv for just 30 quid plus your 8 month sub.

5. Gregor1987

Gregor1987 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I’m looking forward to the boxing this weekend. I feel both the DAZN and BT cards are flying under the radar.

Jason Gordon and SeanB1 like this.
  6. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    With the World Cup on too, feel like nobody at all in the media, work, friends etc has mentioned this at all

7. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I will be watching it but will not be paying for it as there are legal alternatives I will be exercising the right to use such as watching in a public house or other alternatives.

8. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Whyte's whole sales pitch was about being mandatory and not getting his shot. Not sure what other interest he brings to boxing.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  9. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Even his "Beat Joshua in the amateurs" thing has gone as Joshua has been beaten by FattyMcShortNotice, and schooled by Usyk twice.

10. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    To get another sporting event to break through amongst the World Cup media coverage you have to have a huge force behind you, for example Sky Sports News, even with that it can be a uphill struggle.

Dazn stands absolutely no chance of promoting this event to a wider audience while the juggernaut of world sport is on.

Eddie is, and always will be, a great noise maker, he works all the hours to get his shows well promoted and far reaching but he definitely lost his biggest microphone when he left Sky.

Willis Brown likes this.
  11. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Knocked out in two of his last three fights, I don't Franklin is going to make it three but I think he can last the distance and take it on the cards. It's time for Whyte to go away.

12. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    If you think about it, Whyte hasn't really looked good since the Parker fight 5 years ago.

Last time he picked a soft opponent was Wach and he looked absolutely awful so an upset here wouldn't be a massive surprise.

13. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    There is a Channel 5 card tomorrow which has also flown underneath the radar.

The World Cup seems to be all consuming of the media this month although scheduling of cards could be better.

14. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yeah I feel like he'll win, but in a much closer fight than it should be.

Surprised he isn't just cashing out now. He's in the same boat as Parker, may as well just turn into a gatekeeper as theres no point trying to work his way back to the top by facing soft touches.

15. BrokerNYC

BrokerNYC Nottingham Full Member

Feb 8, 2021
    Anyone that supports Whyte after he mugged us off with the Fury build up is crazy…

I’ll do you all a favour, Whyte wins in a non competitive fight and calls out AJ..