Wilder #1 Heavyweight IF beats Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by SnatchBox, Oct 10, 2018.

1. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    In what way is Wilder 'on par' with AJ? Hope you don't mean resume.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. SnatchBox

SnatchBox Boxing Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    :cbiggrin:

3. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Yeah, technically AJ is a better boxer but instinctively Wilder is the better fighter. Wilder can just as easily beat AJ as AJ can beat Wilder. Wilder would beat everybody on AJ's resume with his hardest fight being WVlad and AJ would do the same with his resume with the hardest fight being Ortiz. Not much separation between the two.

4. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    The Wlad who knocked down AJ would have slapped Wilder around the ring like he stole something. No way Wilder could have won that.

Geo1122 and FartWristedBum like this.
  5. deadACE

Apr 13, 2014
    If you think Wilder beats Joshua, fair enough that's your opinion.

Wilder had opportunities to face Wlad, Whyte and Povetkin. Those fights didn't happen, apart from Povetkin, there isn't a reasonable excuse as to why he didnt. You compared Ortiz to Wlad, to suggest that evens up the resume. I don't think that's a fair comparison seeing as Wlad's resume is far greater than Ortiz, and on a h2h I would also suggest Wlad is far better.

The resumes are not close and Wilder had the opportunities to face the best and didn't take them. Where as Joshua has faced and beat the best. On par regarding resumes is a massive stretch.

FartWristedBum, sid and Holler like this.
  6. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    If Fury beats Wilder he's no1? Me I think ATM AJ is no1 on who he's beat,where Wilder has not.

7. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    You do realise that Ortiz is the greatest heavyweight to never win a world title don't you? At least according to Wilder knob riders, and of course, at 39 Ortiz was younger than Wlad and therefore would obviously defeat any version of Wlad and Vitali in the same night.

I would credit Ortiz with having one title though, and that is the most overrated fighter in heavyweight boxing history.....or at least on this website

8. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Not much separation? WTF? When will people realise that it is MUCH more important to actually fight than just be favourite in a hypothetical match-up??
    Sure, the Wilder of the Ortiz fight would be favourite against most of AJs resume but ANYTHING can happen up at HW, injuries, lucky punches, slips etc etc
    Wilder or anyone else doesn't get a pass for not fighting contenders on a regular basis just because some twonk on a forum says they're better.
    Put up or shut up.....unfortunately for the American fans, Wilder often does neither.

deadACE and Geo1122 like this.
  9. Davo

Davo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 27, 2010
    Without question. Wilder and Fury both have better resume's than AJ, plus they're both more legit HW champions than AJ.

AJ is yet to beat a top fighter and he's a long long way away from looking good against heavily faded former top fighters.

The Winner is #1, the loser is #2 and AJ is #3.

SnatchBox likes this.
  10. Tankatron

Jun 1, 2014
    I'm sorry but, you're talking absolute pony

11. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    And coming off a year and a half lay off and loss to Fury...just so we’re clear.

Davo likes this.
  12. Davo

Davo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 27, 2010
    AJ needs a big win before he can be considered in the top 2. A big crowd doesn't make a big fight. Povetkin is his probably his best win at this point. Hardly much to write home about. If he can beat Whyte and Usyk hopefully he'll get the confidence to test himself against the best in 2020, but I'm not holding my breath. I think Usyk outpoints him with ease if Hearn gets brave and throws them in together.

13. deadACE

Apr 13, 2014
    So what's your point? Is it that Wlad wasn't prime?

14. Tankatron

Jun 1, 2014
    He's already beaten Whyte and would be heavily favoured to do so again when, unlike Wilder, AJ gives Whyte a crack at the title. Also I would rather have belief in every boxing publication, Ring magazine and Box rec etc. Who rank AJ as the no.1 heavyweight on the planet than your rather peculiar opinion,

15. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I'd still place AJ at #1. We can't ignore Fury's absence from the ring, and subsequent poor look upon return. Nor can we ignore the much beefier resume of AJ.