Wilder and fans, just please stop

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GlassJoe, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    That was just an example. Sometimes news articles state that. On your source, it just says 'reported'. Reported from who though? Sports Illustrated aren't sure about the $20 million and don't want to be liable so they use the word 'reported'.

2. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    How much of that are you getting? If what I assume is true, who gives a ****?

3. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    @Saintpat Wilder didn't make $20 million for the Breazeale fight. There is so many reasons why he woudn't have made $20 million for a fight he was well tipped to win and that was free to watch on TV and didn't even sell out all of the Barclays. It wasn't PPV. Wilder who boasts about everything never boasted he got the $20 million anyway. There is no credible definitive sources stating Wilder got $20 million. One of your own sources shows how Showtime wouldnt even break even from that. All you got is you saying so and someone on twitter saying so and Sports Illustrated saying it was reported. Just so many reasons as to why he wouldnt have got $20 mill.

The Long Count likes this.
  4. Reppin501

Apr 26, 2010
    What makes the mirror more credible than Sports Illustrated?

5. Reppin501

Apr 26, 2010
    You have no idea what you’re talking about, with respect

6. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    For these two articles that we are discussing in particular, one is not definitive whilst the other one is. Sports Illustrated used the word 'reported' yet they don't provide any source. It's like a disclaimer. The Mirror however has come out more absolute with their statement - "Deontay Wilder will pick up almost $10million for his heavyweight world title fight against Dominic Breazeale."

I can't honestly say that the Mirror is more credible and vice versa overall as I don't read both publications on a regular but one of them sounds sure whereas the other one doesn't.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  7. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Hmm...usually when someone says 'You have no idea what you’re talking about' they usually chime in with their views. For you to say that and then have nothing to add, suggests even you don't have any idea what we're talking about lol. With respect, have you honestly been following all our traded posts to know what we're discussing? cos maybe then you can chime in with your views...

8. Reppin501

Apr 26, 2010
    No I’ve followed, but because you don’t think something is true, that doesn’t make it untrue. You have made up your mind on something you have no clue about, disregarding any information presented to the contrary. Its a silly place to argue from...

9. Reppin501

Apr 26, 2010
    One is reporting a number presented on fighter contracts that we all know, or should know, to be far less than what a fighter makes. The other is reporting what he actually made. This isn’t a new phenomenon, and shouldn’t be that difficult to digest. That said I don’t know what the man makes, but I know how the fight game works, what’s reported on that contract is worth about as much as the paper it’s written on.

10. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    It's silly to take someones words and believe in it. If I tell you to jump off a cliff would you? no that would be silly. I asked Saintpat for solid sources, you would know this if you had been following our discussions. Saintpat will tell you that we both have made efforts to find a solid source stating Wilder got $20 million. There is nothing but Saintpats say so. So like I said before - is it silly to take someones word as fact especially when they are fans of Wilder? Think!

GlassJoe likes this.
  11. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Again, if you truly have been following what we were discussing you would know that the goal was to find a source that simply states that Wilder receives $20 million for the free to air Showtime deal. There is no article stating that. That was the point of the whole discussion.

GlassJoe likes this.
  12. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    @Reppin501 ok I think you're not sure what brought about this discussion with Saintpat. In your words - you dont know what youre talking about and I say that based on your posts that you've replied with. I asked you to follow the conversation and clearly you havent otherwise you wouldve known what we were trying to get.

Below is my first reply post to Saintpat in efforts by me and him to find a solid source stating and confirming Wilder received $20 million. Guess what? there is none.

13. Reppin501

Apr 26, 2010
    Unless it’s the IRS you aren’t going to find a source to confirm what any top end fighter makes. You can take the contract terms at face value which is well documented to be significantly less than what top end fighters make or you can take reported numbers. I’m not saying he made 20 million, I’m saying if SI reports he made 20 million then I believe that’s far closer to true than what is written on paper work submitted to the commission. Nobody here knows what they are talking about if the claim to definitively “know”. I can only go by what’s reported, unless Wilder turns over his tax returns.

Rockradar likes this.
  14. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Yeah of course.

One thing that doesn't add up is - how a fight like Breazeale where Wilder was a heavy favourite, could make more than Wilder vs Fury (multiple sources reported $14 million). Breazeale vs Wilder wasn't even PPV, I watched it for free on my TV but I paid for Fury. Of course it could be a simple explanation as - Wilder vs Fury didn't do as well as Breazeale vs Wilder but like I said, that doesn't add up. Many were looking forward to Fury vs Wilder.

15. piprules

piprules Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2019
    why do you have to hate on who aj has fought? im not a fan girl of either. its true wilder fought heaps of bums and aj for sure fought better fighters than wilder but as of today its a pickem fight so none of the other stuff matters.

GlassJoe likes this.