Wilder and fans, just please stop

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GlassJoe, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Can’t post a link to a tweet from my iPad (don’t know how if I can) but @terrinvictoria, who has covered Wilder for his hometown paper (and also written about Joshua and DAZN for the Associated Press, the world’s largest wire service) reported it on her twitter account. You can look it up there.

I don’t doubt the report you have as far as purses reported to the commission, which is pretty standard with PBC’s top guys not having full payment on the commission paperwork — even Eddie Hearn has acknowledged that Haymon pays fighterss in other ways (for tax purposes). So he made $10m officially as a purse and $10m otherwise.

2. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I don't trust twitter sources cos you can just freely write what you want. It's definitely been kept quiet with only one source (the one I provided) reporting on it. Even Wilder isn't coming out saying 'I made $20 million anyway' when asked about the DAZN deal, because something like that would justify his turning down of the DAZN deal.

Thanks for the response anyway.

3. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    I’m sure she also wrote it but I don’t know which story - she’s a legit reporter who has written for AP, Chicago Tribune and others who has covered Wilder for his hometown paper - was at the Fury and Breazeale fights for certain. She has sources no question.

I’m also sure the story you cited put it out on Twitter.

I’m not aware of Wilder going on publicly about how much he made for Fury it will make for Ortiz II for that matter, but I’m sure he’s being paid for those haha.

Here’s the logic to back it up - ESPN and DAZN set the market for the Breazeale fight as both made offers for that tied with Fury rematch/AJ, so Harmon/PBC/Showtime had to pony up to pay fair market value. Only makes sense really and we have a report from a legit sports journalist to confirm what he made whether you wish to believe it or not.

4. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Yeah right now we're speculating and the only source is the one I have provided.

Like I said - if Wilder did make $20 million off the Breazeale fight then he would speak on that to show you don't need DAZN to make $20 million off the Breazeale fight. He's that type of person to boast something like that.

5. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    But show me one instance where he has ever done that. Fury was his biggest previous purse I am sure and I don’t remember him talking publicly about it, or what he made for Ortiz.

So if he hasn’t done it before, why would it be out of character for him to not do it now?

Hussle likes this.
  6. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Well he keeps getting asked by the DAZN deal and missing out on that. His best response would be to justify his decision by mentioning he made the $20 million anyway. No sources are reporting Deontay made $20 million by the way, I've just given up trying to find it, even on twitter. Wilder boasts a lot and fair enough, he has bragging rights being the champ with the right hand and all and he would jump at the chance to those that ask him about missing out on the DAZN deal with 'I made $20 mill on my own anyway'.

7. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    If Wilder had fought top tier opposition in his first 20 odd fights I very much doubt he'd still be a relevant force in the division today. Joshua might not have been as good as many thought he was but that doesn't mean we should laud a man who took a relatively craven route to a title and is only facing world class opposition with caveats in his mid 30s, 40 plus fights deep.

I hate the way Wilder has gone about his business and that he cries about people not liking him when he could of taken a different route and received plenty of love from the fans a long time ago.

lewis gassed likes this.
  8. GlassJoe

GlassJoe 1-99 TBE Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Wilder made under 10 million for Breazeale, which is significantly lower than if he were fighting on DAZN. Almost three times less.

Rockradar likes this.
  9. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    WTF has Wilder got to do with anything, we all know he is a complete moron so I didn't even think another moronic statement from a moron is newsworthy tbh..

The Long Count likes this.
  10. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Wilder would have wiped out all the names on Joshua's resume, 40 year old inactive Wlad included and done it in more spectacular fashion, as evidenced by the way he demonstrated how to dispatch of Breazelle with little exertion.

So lets stop pretending that AJ didn't have carefully selected hand picked opponents to prop up into becoming a plastic champion.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Southpawswitch and 305th like this.
  11. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Wilder‘s route was completely normal, Joshua got moved very fast by Eddie Hearn.

12. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Wilder's route was not normal. Tell it how it is. Joshua was fast tracked and Wilder was moved like molasses.

13. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    He made $20m. His purse as filed with the commission was $10m but Al Haymon pays his fighters on the side in other ways for tax purposes. Even Eddie admits this and it’s been reported.

And why do you care what he does or doesn’t make? AJ turned down $50m and just got KTFO.

I know you’re all about hating Wilder. Good for you. I know the events of this past weekend make that even harder to swallow, but you should try to get over it.

14. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    He did not get 20$ mil for Breazeale on reg Showtime, are you insane?
    You keep bringing up some random tweet from Alabama to back it up. Maybe this reporter's source was Marsellos Wilder's private message to him? :qmeparto:

I could also make **** up and say: Eddie Hearn pays his guys TRIPLE under the table! Their actual purses are much bigger!!!

See how easy that was?

UKboxingfan, Rockradar and GlassJoe like this.
  15. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    Are you saying Eddie made up the fact that Haymon does this? Because Eddie confirmed Haymon pays his fighters more than their official purses.

It’s from a reporter who actually covers Wilder for his hometown paper, a reporter with sources. You can choose to believe anything you want, but why is it any less credible than reports of what AJ makes? Read host he UK press actually couches its purse reports: “Is expected to make around $25m pounds,” etc. — never an actual solid, sourced number. But of course you choose to believe that because it fits your narrative.

Here’s another source: https://johnwallstreet.com/showtime-broadcasting-wilder-breazeale/

And another: https://www.si.com/boxing/2019/05/19/deontay-wilder-dominic-breazeale-knockout-relevancy-problems

How many more do you need? If there was video evidence of a teller counting it out in $1,000 bills and Wilder signing for it, you’d choose not to believe it because it blows your argument.

Ya’ll getting made, Wilder getting paid.