Wilder beats the crap out of AJ

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mighty, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Yes

53 vote(s)
    53.0%
  2. No

47 vote(s)
    47.0%
  1. PistonHondai

PistonHondai Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    AJ would gas out by rd 3

2. RacingBeat

RacingBeat Casual lives matter Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Can’t give Wilder too much credit for landing a couple of shots here in there while thoroughly getting his ass kicked. His stamina is worse than Joshua and his nerves will be **** going into that fight, AJ takes it

3. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Joshua is a better puncher than Fury. He hits harder and is a better finisher but does not have the skills of Fury and that would keep Wilder completely live and dangerous throughout the fight whereas Fury managed to break him down and crumple him slowly.

However, the problem is that Joshua's confidence might be completely gone now whereas Wilder is still deluded enough to believe he is still #1 and will act like it....even in double defeat....

4. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Joshua would have to jump on him immediately and take away Wilder's range for that to happen. If you like Wilder square up he only needs a 2-5 second window to put your lights out.

You constantly have to reset Wilder to keep him from attacking you or minimising his power. Keep him on the backfoot and circling away from his power hand.

5. Mickc

Mickc Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Id fancy Wilder to stop Joshua in the first three rounds should they ever meet .

Turnip mk3 likes this.
  6. Turnip mk3

Turnip mk3 Active Member Full Member

Feb 6, 2021
    AJ won't fight him.too risky ! .Wilder is a nutcase .would be similar to to the Harison fight.

7. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    No he doesn't

He KO's him with 1 punch

CST80 likes this.
  8. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Wilder gassing in round 2 or 3 like he did last night might be a problem.

Nothing has changed for me with this fight, if anything I think Wilder has worse stamina now than Joshua after witnessing his last 2 performances at 230lbs+ and having to fight at a decent pace. And let's not forget he got beaten to a pulp in both these fights even though he did show a lot of heart in defeat last night, which he definitely has over Joshua who seems to be fighting way more cautiously and doesn't seem to have Wilder's determination.

I'd say he has shown he has heart and determination but his stamina wasn't what we all thought it was so I think it's basically as you were in the sense of anything new we know that we didn't before. One positive point, one negative point.

Joshua vs Wilder is a case of who lands first wins, it's always been like that and still is. If they fought 10 times I'd say the result would be split pretty evenly.

I'm not really a fan or hater of either, just calling it as I see it.

9. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    AJ gets demo'd one shot within 8. He won't have to quit this time.

Joshua might take the early rounds. He can't take that right hand landing flush, Ruiz isn't the puncher Wilder is, not in terms of accuracy, speed, or power.

10. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Fury is the toughest test Wilder can deal with. A 40-50 lb weight advantage, an opponent who can fight big and move around the ring like a lightweight, a fighter with excellent infighting, smothering and leaning, weight draining skills. AJ in comparison is no where near the same skillset.

CST80 likes this.
  11. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Yep I think AJ would be scared from the outset he might win the first few rounds but as soon as Wilder catches him he will be done.

N17 likes this.
  12. PistonHondai

PistonHondai Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    This would be the next trilogy for Wilder

13. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Aj has no inside game

navigator likes this.
  14. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    All this is true, but Wilder's fights with Fury weren't really all that competitive on the whole.

Fury is a better fighter than Joshua for sure but it's not like Wilder is on Fury's level either.

15. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Lol…AJ would have that stupid look on his face wondering what happened, he gets wrecked. I hope it happens, AJ has a punchers chance, but he doesn’t have the stones to go to the places Wilder will. That’s the difference.

navigator likes this.