Wilder breaks silence

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GotchaHat, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Mighty

Mighty The Gypsy King banned Full Member

Sep 17, 2021
    He repaired his legacy with this fight actually. He was at his worst in the second fight.

He should fight bodybuilder and then both should retire.

cross_trainer likes this.
  2. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Nice to finally see him accept defeat and not come out with anymore ridiculous accusations. I hope he carries on. There’s still some big pay days out there for him. Would still love to see AJ-Wilder.

latineg likes this.
  3. Col Mortimer

Col Mortimer The question isn't indiscreet.The answer could be Full Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Well it's good that the sour grapes have started to sweeten.

Plus there was no real excuses or mention of his broken hand etc in the statement.

Maybe the beating knocked some sense in to Wilder after all. Albeit a delayed reaction ;)

latineg likes this.
  4. Blandman

Blandman Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2019
    This would be better with a video of someone reading this to Wilder with his subsequent agreement. But it’s a nice start.

gmurphy likes this.
  5. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Just a coincidence that it was posted a few hours after that footage was released then huh....i'll give Wilder props when I hear it come out of his own mouth, rather then a statement hastily written by his pr team...

kiwi_boxer and cross_trainer like this.
  6. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    On twitter:

Wow, what a hell of a night! I would like to first and foremost thank God for allowing me to give the world another part of me that’s driven with passion and determination. I would like to thank my team and my fans for sticking by my side through this long process. I would be lying if I said that I wasn’t disappointed in the outcome but after reflecting on my journey, I now see that what God wanted me to experience is far greater than what I expected to happen. We didn’t get the win but a wise man once said the victories are within the lessons. I’ve learned that sometimes you have to lose to win. Although, I wanted the win I enjoyed seeing the fans win even more. Hopefully, I proved that I am a true Warrior and a true King in this sport. Hopefully, WE proved that no matter how hard you get hit with trials and tribulations you can always pick yourself up to live and fight again for what you believe in. Last but not least I would like to congratulate @gypsyking101 for his victory and thank you for the great historical memories that will last forever.

This content is protected

7. rapscalion

rapscalion Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Someone on his team wrote that and put his name on it lol.

gmurphy, lobk, vast and 2 others like this.
  8. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    There's already a thread on this

9. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Wilder did not write this.

10. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    No way Wilder could have written that, the man can barely articulate a sentence.

gmurphy likes this.
  11. Mighty

Mighty The Gypsy King banned Full Member

Sep 17, 2021
    PR team: We should repair this idiot's legacy a bit.

lobk likes this.
  12. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    He got what is probably a career ending beat down in my opinion so I’m cutting him a bit of slack for not shaking the mans hand who has battered him straight after it happened

13. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
  14. Nz1111

Nz1111 Member Full Member

Jun 29, 2021
    Props for wilder for recognizing he lost. Hopefully they can put down the grudge and move on whether it be retirement or towards the next fight.

15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I've been on YouTube and twitter and some of the Wilder fans just haven't taken this defeat very well.

Everything from Furys bareknuckle background :confused: to Hoesehair gloves to Wilder was damaged in the second fight when Fury "cheated".

I would normally laugh but some of it is just outrageous, I have found it hard to accept some results but I've never been anywhere near that bad.. I worry about some of their mental states.

MrBarry465 and gmurphy like this.