Wilder Bulking Up For The Rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by TipNom, Jun 29, 2021.

What Should Wilder Do In Regards To Weight?

1. Wilder should get bigger

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. Wilder should stay at around 230

22 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Wilder should lose weight

22 vote(s)
    23.4%
  4. It doesn't matter, he'll get KTFO no matter what

40 vote(s)
    42.6%
  1. TipNom

TipNom Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    This content is protected

I thought that he may be able to go the distance and possibly even make the fight competitive in July, but if he is seriously bulking up then I'm picking Fury by TKO again.
    He looked terribly slow from the first bell of their last fight, and his legs looked terrible aswell. So if he's getting even bigger than he was, then I dont think he'll be able to do much.

2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    First fight he was too light, 2nd fight he was too heavy. Doesn't matter what weight he will be it wasn't the weight that beat him last time it was his lack of boxing skills.

One Champion.
    One Face.
    One Name.
    One million excuses!

3. cleglue1

cleglue1 Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Cringeeeee

MidniteProwler likes this.
  4. First Round KO

First Round KO Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    As Dillian Whyte has already stated, Wilder will lose again and this time blame his cat.

5. Dodgy Syrup

Dodgy Syrup Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Aa much as I don't like the man, and feel he is incredibly limited as a fighter, there is a nagging feeling i have that he might just pull an upset.

I hope Fury isn't taking this as a gimme, a foregone conclusion, as that is dangerous.

I hope Fury wins, naturally, because the fight i want to see is Fury v AJ - and that isn't happening if he loses.

6. Dodgy Syrup

Mar 20, 2019
    Wilder will claim the stitching on his shorts was irritating his delicate skin and it distracted him so much he was beaten to a pulp.

7. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    If Wilder wins, would it be good for boxing ?

8. TipNom

TipNom Active Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2019
    A Wilder win would bring tons of attention to the sport, but in the long run I'd say it would be bad for boxing, as we'd likely never see a fight for undisputed until Wilder lost again.

ShovelHook, velagod, lordlosh and 5 others like this.
  9. Dodgy Syrup

Mar 20, 2019
    No, it would be awful for boxing.

We will not see a unification as he'll hold the belt hostage in America fighting bums and paid divers until he retires calling himself "an all time great".

10. Deew

Deew Active Member Full Member

May 4, 2009
    He could use a few more lbs on his skinny calves

Dude looks like a fighting rooster

BCS8 and TipNom like this.
  11. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Maybe.

Interesting thing that a lot of fans etc had created unique excuses after first fight Wilder vs Fury.
    1. curse 2. gypsy spell 3. bad ref ( Wilder was A side and fight was in the US ) 4. bad judges ( again, Wilder was A side and fight was in the US ).

While claims that bad officiating had impacted scoring / outcome in some fight might be with serious ground if this is B side away corner guy, especially on foreign soil, here these excuses looked funny. A side guy, huge tickets seller in his own country vs guest fighter.

2nd fight. excuses: first excuse about costume I took lightly, it was funny and entertaining. Good for show business, nothing wrong.
    Then later long bunch with excuses had popped in internet comments from fans, this was too long, too much.

All this is boring like waiting for death, even this 3 rd fight.
    They already might had done this 3 rd fight this month, why not?

sasto likes this.
  12. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    :lol: screaming cos he lifted the weight. At least say Fury's name or something like in Rocky 4.

Wizbit1013, Brumsongs and BCS8 like this.
  13. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    I dont know. Depends vs who he will fight after such possible win.
    Will he continue the same stuff he did 5 years in row when had belt?
    He literally did not had fought anyone known in europe and eurasia before fight vs Fury. Ortiz is not enough known outside of US for sure.
    His reign with WBC belt was not well known outside from US and maybe Canada, Mexico.
    It was not like even some guys who did not had get belt, still had more exposure outside from america.

Not to compare vs even Patterson's exposure outside of US.
    Holy, Mike, Holmes, Frazier etc champs had more exposure outside of US, even bunch US boxers who were not champs too.
    Today looks that even Hunter and Tabiti, Dorticos did had more exposure in euro scene.

14. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Wilder always has a chance .

Its just that Fury seems to have his #..

he did himself NO favors by forcing this 3rd fight immediately & disrupting the undisputed Matchup .

he should have taken the step aside money , pushed this a bit further into the year to work on his game with his new trainer Malik Scott.

maybe take another soft touch tomatoe can fight in the interim.

get rounds in applying new techniques & what he has learned then bomb squad the can into another dimension in sensational fashion.

that would have been better to sell a fight. As well as better prepare him & get his confidence up with his new techniques.

As of now the last thing we remembwr about Deontay is him making ridiculous excuses & outlandish conspiracy theorist claims .

“They stole this election it was rigged, I tell ya,.
    We won this election by a land slide & everybody knows it … I tell ya”

Pimp C, BCS8 and Brighton bomber like this.
  15. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    You can't bulk up the skinny legs. And more important you can't bulk up the non existent boxing skills. He's going down again.

Wizbit1013 and First Round KO like this.