Wilder can become Champ again

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GotchaHat, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I guess we’ll see…

2. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    His only chance is if Usyk wins the rematch with Bodybuilder and beats Fury twice. You can imagine how long it will be before then.

Or do you think Whyte or Wallin beats Fury and then the winner challenges Wilder without a rematch or other two fights with Fury?

Wilder can say goodbye to the belts. Too messed his situation.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  3. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Wilder beat Usyk? Thanks for the laugh.

4. Bubba

Bubba Devin was never my friend Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Wilder could be bridgerweight champion!

5. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    He could become WBA regular champ with an epic match up against the legendary Trevor Bryant .

6. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    The earliest chance for a title shot will probably be in 2023 for the WBC title. To become mandatory he'd probably need to beat Ruiz or the winner between Joyce and Parker, if they'll face him. But if we'll get an undisputed champion next year, Wilder might have to wait his turn unless the titles splits up, since the WBA and IBF also will want their mandatories honoured.

Best he can hope for is a big win next year over Ruiz or Joyce/Parker and that the titles either doesn't get unified or split up and then Fury probably still will be champion, and what then? Fury might even rather vacate and go for another title, if anyone is free at that point, than face Wilder a fourth time. And does Wilder truly even want to face Fury again? Little chance he'll win, though.

So his best chance is that the WBC doesn't get unified with the other titles and Fury retires. In that case he might get a winnable fight for the vacant title.

DarkHorse901 likes this.
  7. realshocks

realshocks Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2008
    He either retires and becomes a footnote as the years erode the hype completely OR he somehow comes back and earns a shot at Usyk or Joshua. Personally I think both easily outpoint or KO a gassed Wilder.

To your point: yes. Wilder never came across as the sharpest tool in the box, but he comes across as a truly blunt instrument since Fury smashed him in fight 2.God knows the extent of the neurological damage after last night. A brave, basically decent man has been ruthlessly exploited by the sycophantic team around him. I think he's already ****ed, but any comeback will end in the wheelchair. Probably it will be Joshua who puts him into a coma, because he is now the perfect fight for the "B side" after Usyk beats Joshua again.

DarkHorse901 and Oddone like this.
  8. PistonHondai

PistonHondai Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Just have a couple more money fights and retire

9. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    He lost to the first LIVE body he fought in Fury 3 times, and now he beats everyone else?

Wizbit1013 and rusev like this.
  10. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    That's very plausible indeed. Im not saying he won't ever fight for a title again, just saying he won't win it.

And agreed Wilder vs Ruiz is one of the best fights to make out of the non Champs. Aside from AJ himself this is probably the fight I'd like most for Wilder.

Unforgiven likes this.
  11. Jpreisser

Jpreisser Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 29, 2015
    This is an important point. People conflate AN alphabet champion with THE heavyweight champion. Wilder is the former, not the latter, so no, he cannot become something he never held to begin with.

I think the prospect of him becoming even a belt-holder is slim. Fury will probably take on the Whyte-Wallin winner early next year, the winner of the Usyk-Joshua rematch in the summer/early autumn of next year, and then a possible rematch with that winner, depending on who takes it. If Usyk wins his rematch with Joshua, there is still a possibility that Joshua would be in line before Wilder for a shot, seeing as that would still probably sell well and few would have an appetite for a fourth Fury-Wilder contest. I imagine a soft touch might come between or after one of these contests, meaning the winner of this round-robin could be tied up until 2024, when Wilder is 37/38.

Robney likes this.
  12. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Wilder can't box and everybody knows it. The gig is up. Joshua's heart is not as big as a mustard seed. You take Joshua's skills and Wilders power and heart, then you might have a decent heavyweight. They both need to hang it up. Usky is not a true heavyweight but he can box. However, he hasn't fought a great heavyweight and would get beat down if he did. Fury is the best heavyweight out there because he can truly box and he has heart. Even saying that, he hasn't fought a great heavyweight because there is none out there. Fury was born in the wrong era. He should have come along in the late seventies and eighties. Man!! We would have been treated to some unbelievable drama. In order to claim true greatness, you have to beat great fighters. That's fighters with an S. Yeah, he beat Klitschko but so did Joshua and Klitschko was on the down slide, 39 and 41 in that order. Good win but not a great win.

13. Jackal

Jackal Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Twerking champ maybe

14. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    The pathway for him is if the titles are splintered and vacated, he will be able to jump the line and fight for a belt from vacancy.

15. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I see what you did there. High five. :bananaride

Jackal likes this.