Wilder deserves credit if he steps in ring to fight Parker

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by baconmaker, Jan 16, 2017.

1. baconmaker

baconmaker Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    Lets be real. Joseph Parker isn't exactly the top heavyweight out there. There are many guys who are better than this guy: Wladimir Klitschko, Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua, Luis Ortiz and Povetkin that Wilder avoids like a plague. After those guys come Joseph Parker, so Parker is the 6th best opponet Wilder can potentially face.

Its enough for me and I give Wilder credit if he really takes this fight and shows up to ring in the fight night. But the likely case is that Wilder fights another bum after bum before he can get cashout fight against Fury or Joshua. Parker fight might not give his team the best revenue, high risk-low reward type of fight so Wilders team will avoid him like a plague.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    Jacques81, BCS8 and Beyonce Wilder like this.
  2. Uppercut_Artist

Uppercut_Artist Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2015
    If Wilder fights Parker and has half the success that Ruiz had, it will be an early fight.

stormy and Angler Andrew like this.
  3. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Its past time these so called HW champs fought someone who'd test them. After the debacle their so called fight was you can forget Fury & Klitschko that leaves Wilder, Joshua,Parker & maybe Ruiz Lets see who the best man is

4. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    If Wilder fights Parker I'll have to stop my bum o de month trolling for a while. Because imho Parker is a step up over all of Wilder's previous opposition and will probably knock him out. IMO Takam, who Parker beat, would give Wilder all he could handle. I will give Deontay credit for finally stepping it up.

pincai likes this.
  5. Rockradar

Rockradar Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Lets begin by defining 'real' if thats what were going to be...
    real
    riːl/
    adjective
    1. 1.
      actually existing as a thing or occurring in fact; not imagined or supposed.
    So after you started with 'Lets be real', the rest above has been opinionated. Youre entitled to your opinion but geez dont conclude it as reality. Joseph hasnt even fought any of those guys yet. Too early to make that judgement.

Just keepin it real ;)

6. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Credit you must be joking right?cause he's supposed to be the WBC heavyweight champion,since when did we give credit for boxers taking on someone better than their usual cannon fodder of top thirty opponents?

7. Beyonce Wilder

Beyonce Wilder Active Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2015
    exactly. the fact that we have to give a champion 'credit' for not cherrypicking bums out of a trashcan speaks volumes about wilder's post-title opposition.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  8. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Gerald Washington next, calm down guys :D

9. _Scott_

_Scott_ Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2015
    yeah, except that he wont fight Parker...

10. baconmaker

baconmaker Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 23, 2013
    English isn't my native language, so don't go too hard dude.

11. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Oh ok.

Anyway, I think both fighters deserve credit for agreeing to unify. We know its Parker and his team that initiated the unification but it takes two to make it happen. Parker doesnt muck around with interviews about how he wants to unify the titles. Hes trying to get it to happen first.

12. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Playing devil's advocate a bit, but maybe Wilder gets some credit because he is clearly being allowed to carry on fighting the low ranked boxers. He is being given a very decent career here. Good money, and because of the mismatches not the usual threat to his health that comes with being a boxer.

You don't go 37 fights with the record he has by accident. There has got to be multiple parties complicit in what is happening. Promoters, organising bodies, other boxers etc..

It's probably got to be Wilder who says enough is enough, and that he wants to really test himself. As mentioned, proof of that would be him fighting Parker, which is not just a cash out.

Absolutely! likes this.
  13. pincai

pincai The Indonesian Thin Man Full Member

Jun 10, 2012
    You are doing fine mate. Even pac speaks better than mayweather clan lol. You don't have to be native speaker to get your message across.

14. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Wilder is ready to go. Its up to Parker to step up.

Nobody is willing to fight Wilder. Even Povetkin who is 10x better than Parker didn't believe he could win.

Wilder will get zero credit for beating the guy who got razor close decisions against Takam and Ruiz.

stormy likes this.
  15. Rockradar

Oct 1, 2016
    Well it is by his own admission that he feels his english is not that good. I too thought it was fine. Apart from the use of the word real to describe something that truly isnt.