Wilder deserves some credit for his last two opponents..

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Brixton Bomber, Dec 4, 2018.

1. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Yep the first solid run in what is it forty ish fights

2. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I wouldn't say he is, plus Fury is much better than the Klitschko Joshua faced so overall Wilders best two opponents are better.

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’m sorry Moog but that Povetkin who AJ faced blasts Wilder out of there.

4. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Lol! Whyte is utter rubbish. Ortiz would have a field day with him.

5. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    It's possible but unlikely.

6. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Usually under normal circumstances I,d agree. But Ortiz was made for wilder. Ortiz is class....but it came the time wilder had to step up to the top level after forty fights. They took a risk but it was a calculated risk. He matched up better than any of the big names. Leading into the fight I was confident Ortiz would win....at least until we found out his reach wasn't as advertised. Was something like six inches shorter. Shorter ranged fighters are made for wilder. Their whole tactics are designed around dealing with them.

Fury was a cherry pick. They thought he was completely finished. Wilder started to worry in the pre fight build up when he realized fury was there to win. What really ruins it is as far as I m concerned he dodged Joshua to take fury. Was nothing wrong with the offer they got for Joshua. Anyone that fancied themselves in wilders position would have took that offer in a heartbeat.

He's done well tho in the last two. Gave it his all....that's all we can really ask of guys. Needs to take Joshua on tho. Forget fury for now. They can always rematch later down the line. The way I see it fury needs to sharpen up a bit with a few easier fights to get ready for another big performance. Wilder needs to go straight to Joshua.

7. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I give Wilder a lot of credit for beating Ortiz but as the poster above mentioned, I do believe Fury was a cherry pick gone wrong.

8. FartWristedBum

FartWristedBum I walk this Earth like a bum Full Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Hopefully we will see, Whyte might look a bit clumsy but this board is full of people who claim Fury has poor balance, is clumsy, is chinny etc and he just punked the big punching WBC 'champ'.
    You are severely over-rating Ortiz but until he actually gets fustigated against a young, hungry HW (apart from Wilder) then people like yourself will hold up the myth that he's a formidable bogeyman. I respectfully disagree.

9. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Why has Whyte ducked Ortiz, yet called everyone out then?

Dillian is absolute dog$h*t. He does NOTHING well, has one good win, and is more bark than bite.

10. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Yeah, props to wilder for fighting ortiz and fury back to back

11. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Two out of 41 wow he's a real risk taker!