Wilder looking light one month before fight

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by deathrow666, Apr 20, 2019.

1. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    I agree he is exciting and unpredictable and there is method to his madness and it's clearly what he feels comfortable doing . I think after seeing Breazeale's condition and knuckling down concentrating for this fight , I think this is gonna be Wilder's toughest fight yet and possibly messiest . I think a lot of people are underestimating Breazeale abilities and thinking just because AJ battered him in his fight Wilder can do the same .

2. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Breazeales a tough man with the ability to get up off the canvas and grit his way to victory

de Morhalle likes this.
  3. de Morhalle

Dec 1, 2018
    Exactly and what about personal motivation after what Wilder did . Breazeale is very quiet and keeping his head down in the gym . Much like Buster Douglas knuckled down in training against Tyson . Last I saw of Breazeale there is a vid floating around he was concentrating hard and actually staying focused and quiet .

Guybino, dcb154 and gerryb like this.
  4. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Comparing Wilder now with the Wilder of a couple of years ago and it's clear that something very fishy is going on. Either there's some undisclosed underlying problem that's causing him to shed weight, or he's stopped doing something that allows him to keep the weight on. We already know it's not an intentional tactic because he's blamed his lack of size for his loss to Fury and claimed he had the flu for the Ortiz fight. So if he comes the same weight or even lighter then serious questions have to be asked surrounding his health.

5. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Wilder has the Perfect Body Heavyweight Hitman Hearns
    Breazele has the body of Shrek

6. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    In amateurs when Wilder was skinny as stick Romanov was dropping him with every light shot.

de Morhalle likes this.
  7. Guybino

Guybino Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    From my experience: The man who is loud and emotional is nervous, the man who is quiet and inconspicuous is focused.

de Morhalle likes this.
  8. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Wilder has never been particularly big but I’m not gonna line up to let him punch me either. He what you would call ******d strong. He got that down south strength, then southern boys can end **** quick

9. de Morhalle

Dec 1, 2018
    Yeah pretty much , also Breazeale can be a mouth but in this fight and build-up I have not seen or heard too much from him , which makes me want to see how well Breazeale is doing . Not to many vids of him recently , I have only seen one .

Guybino likes this.
  10. Guybino

Guybino Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    tbh I quite like Breazeale, add in what Wilder has said about him/his family etc and I will be rooting for him for sure.

de Morhalle likes this.
  11. de Morhalle

Dec 1, 2018
    This content is protected

12. derrick

derrick 6ft4 215 bring it on Full Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Breazeale is a good guy with a lot of heart. BUt he just gets hit to much. Wilder hits harder than anyone including Joshua. Fury showed how to beat Wilder.

gerryb likes this.
  13. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Someone actually made a case for the opposite. That Wilder might be on something that is making him loose weight.
    Something about his metabolism being driven into gear and his lack of proper nutrition is showing in the weight loss.

Say you are at a steady weight and consume a consistent amount of calories. But now you take something which allows you to recover faster, train harder but you keep consuming the same amount of calories. Weight loss would be inevitable.

Quite a few of Wilder's potential opponents have been caught with PED's. Maybe he wants to even the playing field?
    And he has had stamina issues.

14. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    he smokes a bit of pot no?

15. ludwig

ludwig Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Wilder has always been skinny and under no circumstances does he want to weigh over 220 lbs against Joshua. He needs great legs to evade and frustrate and tire out Joshua. He needs to be able to last 12 rounds and retain his punching power into the late rounds.

Joshua has a size advantage over Wilder (though not a height/reach advantage) that Wilder would have to overcome.