Wilder Ortiz...so pick your winner now!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by sir axeman, Sep 20, 2017.

Who winz dis one?

1. Wilder KO's another one.....business as usual Bombsquad!!!!

19 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. King Kong FEASTS on Wilder and KO's BUMsquad.

37 vote(s)
    48.7%
  3. Wilder runs all night fights really scrared and eeks out a decision win

14 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Ortiz outboxes Wilder for 12 exposing Wilders lack of boxing skillz

6 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    wilder hits harder than ortiz but his technique is sloppy and leaves himself wide open to be countered

ortiz is the divisions best counter puncher and wilder will be suscptable to the straight left down the pipe when he lunges in his legs not under him his chin in the air

ortiz has respectable power / not anywhere near wilders / but accumilation and accuracy he is good at .

my thinkng if fighters like molina/spilzka /washington can outbox wilder over rounds then a good boxer like ortiz can.

wilder has the length /speed / athletisism / talent /power / etc etc to beat ortiz just to me he has gone backwards since the stiverne fight in love with power over development.

i could only pick wilder to beat rtiz on a what if basis
    ie what if wilder uses a gameplan/jab/speed

but on the basis of molina/dulhaupus/spilka/arreola/washington that version of wilder which is the version i see every time i watch him this version gets countered easily by ortiz.

latineg and Ilikeboxing like this.
  2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Wilder is going to continue to knock out guys that are much better at boxing than him until he meets somebody with all four of the qualities I named above.

3. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I don't think he will be able to bring the Stiverne game plan because Ortiz is alot bigger and more importantly has a longer reach than Wilder (1") so he won't be able to sit back jabbing away like Stiverne plus Ortiz is far great boxer than Stiverne.

Wilder will have to force the ko which given Ortiz's counter punching abilities may not end well..

This should be an intriguing match up...

Ilikeboxing likes this.
  4. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    I gotta think Haymons's team knows something about Ortiz. I mean Wilder is the most protected "name" fighter around. Now finally close to that cashout vs Joshua they are gonna blow it with Ortiz.
    Ortiz is listed as 38 strong whispers is that he is as old as 48.
    I gotta pick Wilder. With little confidence.

5. Ilikeboxing

Ilikeboxing Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Usyk would toy with Wilder.

6. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I really think Wilder has had enough of the public perception of him and has chosen Ortiz to prove he is as good as he says..

He obviously believes in himself even if his handlers have been more cautious. End of the day if he demands it they have to give it to him...

I'd imagine they are pretty nervous right now...

latineg and Ilikeboxing like this.
  7. JacobEr

JacobEr Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Were these guys bigger than Wilder?

8. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    IMO you`re spot on i think this as you laid out is exactly what happened

the fight does not make sense from haymons side either as a risk or the money.

9. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Damn why even bother fighting they may as well just do press conferences and be done with it all

10. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    You don't have to be necessarily bigger than Wilder but in the same ballpark...at least a few inches over six foot. That, along with aggressive, QUICK, and durable (all three qualities necessary to get inside and get to him without getting felled by a giant right cross en route)

Usyk is probably riiiight on the cutoff line between too small and big enough. Would be fascinating (and nerve-wracking, as Usyk's biggest fanboy) to watch.

Ilikeboxing likes this.
  11. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Has old man Ortiz ever been wobbled or down? I dont know the answer but ive never seen it. Wilder on decision. Wilder will be Wilder until Ortiz shows his technical ability and clips Wilder every times he gets messy so Wilder backs off and plays it safer.

12. JacobEr

JacobEr Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2017
    Ortiz was knocked down by Lyons.

13. Howitzer1888

Howitzer1888 Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Wilder may try to fight Ortiz like he fought Stiverne but I just don't think it's gonna work this time. The skill level difference is pretty large, and I'm not saying Ortiz is some sort of master boxer, it's just that Wilder's skillset is one of the lowest I've seen for a fighter at the top level. Ortiz has a better jab imo and will easily be able to win rounds against Wilder. Wilder will panic like usual and start swinging the right hand, and Ortiz who is a very good counter puncher will be countering these punches frequently. I also don't think Wilder has the chin to be able to take his power. Wilder also hits very hard so a Wilder stoppage could happen but the fact that they are pretty equal punchers and Wilder's skill level is pretty poor compared to Ortiz means it's only a matter of time until Wilder gets stopped. Ortiz by stoppage, in round 7 I think.

14. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Wilder probably, Ortiz's last fight looked like he was auditioning for a spot on the walking dead.

15. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    A Wilder UD wouldn't shock me here.

I always thought Ortiz would butcher him but the more I think about it, the more I belive Wilder eeks out a UD.