Wilder says Furys fingernails led to ear bleeding

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rikicortz, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    There is a famous quote about heavyweights. I believe Norman Mailer wrote it. He said something along the lines that ALL heavyweight champions in the history of boxing have been crazy. Because, when you are the heavyweight champion, you have to be able to believe you can beat any man in the WHOLE world.

He said it isn't like that for any other boxer in the other weight classes. Other champions can move up and lose, and just say, well, he was bigger than me. That's why I lost. But I can still beat everyone below me.

But the heavyweight champion of the world has to believe he can beat everyone. And that drives a person crazy. No matter where you go, you are likely to walk into a room where some "tough guy" thinks he can beat you.

So I never think poorly of heavyweight champions who can't accept defeat. George Foreman was retired for 10 years before he accepted his loss to Ali.

Once they DO accept defeat, then they probably will never believe again that they can beat everyone.

That's why I have more confidence in Wilder getting his act together inside the ring than I do Joshua, who basically quit against Ruiz. Once you do that, all bets are off and it's easy to quit a second time, and a third.

2. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    They really ought to change the word 'excuse' to 'wilder' in the dictionary.

"John didn't want to stay at the party, so he made his wilder's and left."

gmurphy, Cally, latineg and 1 other person like this.
  3. George forearm

George forearm The forearm of George Full Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Hed probably let you

4. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Andy Ruiz was heavier than Fury, and literally got off the couch to fight Joshua on short notice. (LOL) The Fury is a fat coke head nonsense wore out about three years ago. He's the #1 pound for pound boxer in the world right now.

5. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Absolutely 100%, fingernails and all.

latineg, Wizbit1013 and Dubblechin like this.
  6. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Wilder is descending into the deep rabbit hole of insanity. I am not sure if he can be helped at this stage.

gmurphy and Decker like this.
  7. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Fury's skills keep growing by leaps and bounds... according to DW his self :sisi2:

8. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    A win over Fury in March would probably do it. Nobody likes fighting "the crazy guy."

9. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Imagine thinking Wilder can beat Fury

He put up his best performance against a 60% Fury on Dec 1st

He's lucky he only got a Fury with a few weeks of Kronk under his belt

Wait till Fury improves his finishing ability.

10. Decker

Decker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    You reckon? He might still be able to fight well and beat some top HWs. But mentally, stick a fork in him :hollering:

You'd think his mgt team would help keep him from making loony comments. I guess not :dunno

kriszhao and madballster like this.
  11. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    What percent Fury will he be in March? (LOL)

Are some of you guys trotting out that old chestnut? Why do you only use percentages when he fights Wilder?

Wilder not only dropped Fury in the last round of their first fight ... and the fight could've easily been stopped then ... but the fight was a draw ... meaning Wilder came within one point of OUTPOINTING FURY.

Let me repeat: Deontay Wilder came within one point of outpointing the best heavyweight BOXER, the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world. Deontay 'can't fight, Mr. excuses" Wilder "BOXED" Tyson Fury to a draw.

One additional point, and Wilder wins the decision.

So, yes, either can win the last fight. That's why many of you never wanted it to happen. But, it will.

These two will be linked forever in history. Fury-Wilder I, Fury-Wilder II. Fury-Wilder III.

Like Joshua and Ruiz will be. (LOL)

12. Viper2789

Viper2789 Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2018
    You're as deluded as Wilder. Are you related?

13. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    Nope. Just enjoying watching the two best heavyweights who never quit fight in a series.

14. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011

You think a man can go from a coke, alcohol, fast food addict at 360 pounds with severe depression to peak fighting condition in less than 12 months? Spending 8 months of that year purely on weight loss.

cute.

Started his comeback December 2017 & was in the ring with Wilder December 2018. Still clearly miles away from top form in mid-2018 when Wilder scouted him hoping for an easy win.

Cally likes this.
  15. Mrboogie23

Mrboogie23 what the?? Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    This **** is sad at this point.