Wilder says he can make $100 mil in 1 fight with AJ

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Luizio, May 16, 2019.

1. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Yeah that's very likely it's a tale as old as boxing, promoter lies to boxer telling him he has his best interests at heart all the while stealing from him, boxers eventually sees past the lies and sues promoter. We've seen it happen too many times.

Trafford likes this.
  2. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Excatly, the Wilder vs Joshua is just a proxy war between DAZN vs Showtime.

3. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    And what is in for Wilder then??

4. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    How much money he will earn for Brazeale fight ?

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Nobody knows, usually the commission publishes the purses but I've not seen anything confirming the amounts.

Logic would dictate that it's far less than the $20 mill DAZN offered him, though Espinosa says people will be surprised how much he's getting if they knew, while not disclosing the amount which only confirms it's likely less than what DAZN were offering. How much less is anyone's guess.

But then again maybe Showtime are paying Wilder handsomely for this fight in the hope to win this war with DAZN and ESPN streaming services, if that's the case they are making a big loss for this fight, much like DAZN and ESPN are with the Canelo and Fury fights. So it's not an impossible outcome, I'm sure Wilder is getting a lot more than he did for Ortiz, though maybe not as much as he did for Fury which was on PPV.

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    You're misquoting him. What he actually said was that he can make $100 mill in 100 fights without fighting AJ.

Bum Squad is about generational wealth

This content is protected

lewis gassed likes this.
  7. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Espinosa says we’d be surprised. Pretty open ended statement from him. I’d bet we’d be surprised but not in the way he is implying.

8. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Same

9. Hurrikeen

Hurrikeen Member Full Member

May 30, 2014
    I would genuinely pay money to see that.

Brighton bomber likes this.
  10. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    it's been confirmed, wilder is officially being paid far to much for the fight. Wilder has apparently said that if the cheque doesn't reflect his true value he will just photo copy it and instantly double his money.

Holler and lewis gassed like this.
  11. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Apparently wilder said that the Joshua fight will definitely happen as long as the negotiations are kept private, as he doesn't want anyone to see his workings out, at least until he is confident enough to go over the crayon with pencil and then go over the pencil with actual ink.

12. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Wilder is a pawn, just like AJ is. AJ is in a stronger position as he is the draw and got the money behind him but in the grand scheme of things, they both don't matter. The promotional and network war is the real battle here, Hearn and Haymon are manuevering their fighters trying to gain market share/power. Can Showtime or DAZN keep operating? DAZN got the money but Haymon got the biggest US stars. Hearn is moving smart by signing more younger fighters - specifically black fighters so he may be playing the long game against Haymon which may end up being a genius move if they end up becoming big stars.

Holler likes this.
  13. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    But you lost to fury

14. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Truth of the matter is, Wilder could of challenged AJ already, improved profile and rematched end of this year too with the trilogy early 2020, with the potential t make ALOT more than just $100m. With still time to fight Fury (maybe twice) before ending his career if he wanted to too.

This is if he thought he could win, of course. Says all we need to know about DW nad his handlers.

I'm hoping PBC can change my mind about how I feel they protect Wilder by coming out with some offers (followed up with "productive" meetings) towards making the undisputed fight in the near future, the fight the world wants (not just once like may-pac) but its not looking likely

Instead, it will likely be Ortiz II and Kownacki....................................................... smh

15. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Wilder keeps talking like he is the biggest superstar in this sport but quite clearly he is not but is quite possibly the biggest Bull crap artist in the sport. Personally i think Wilder is about as dumb a Boxer as you will find and people like Finkel and Haymon have been telling him things like "you are a massive superstar now" "you are the divisions A side" "You can make 100 million a fight" "You are the new Floyd". And super gullible Wilder soaks it all in. I also think he actually watches Youtube LDBC video's and laps up their nonsense too.

His statements gotta be coming from somewhere and i feel its from the hype men and his bosses and his groupies. The guy just does not seem rational in anything he says anymore.