Wilder says he's had 7 surgeries on arm

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Smokin' Joe ⭐, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Smokin' Joe ⭐

Smokin' Joe ⭐ Rumble banned Full Member

Dec 7, 2018
    This content is protected

“That fight with Fury was crazy. I couldn’t straighten my arm out. It felt like something was stopping me from throwing it straight until right at the end, for some reason. I was very anxious to knock him out, but I couldn’t straighten it out. I kept going back to my corner and they were like, ‘Why can’t you throw the fight hand? It’s right into there,'” said Wilder.

You've got to feel sorry for the poor guy, 7 arm surgeries! Without these arm problems he would've knocked Fury out into next week!

2. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    sounds like he needs brain surgery as well, he cant seem to remember that he was throwing his right hand but it was hitting thin air. funny that...

3. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
  4. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    He obviously means 7 surgeries in total, over the course of his career.

5. Up the gut

Up the gut Active Member banned Full Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Yeah because it weren't fully extended, it didn't come out properly till the 12th, if it was fully extended he would've killed Fury. I think they've put a restrictor on his power and that's the problem, purely for safety reasons

6. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Maybe hes got 7 arms.

It would be a perfectly fine excuse really but he has also made other excuses as to why he couldnt land his shots, if the surgeries where his exucuse he should stick to it. Another problem is we all saw the fight and saw him having no problems throwing it at all he had problems landing it.

7. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    20 excuses and counting

will be on 200 excuses after Fury smashes him again.

Guybino, BitPlayerVesti and Sugar 88 like this.
  8. Ukansodoff

Ukansodoff Deontay plz stop ducking Joshua. Thank you. Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    So surgery stopped Wilders arm for extending for 11 rounds and a minute? Then all of a sudden it was healed and the very next shot puts Fury down? Come on now we all saw the fight. That arm was fine. If there was no footage its a believable excuse but there is footage and weve all seen it.

ipitythefool likes this.
  9. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    But his people have been oppressed for 100s of years :lol:

asif_305 and Jackstraw like this.
  10. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    That's what happens when throw punches as awkwardly as he does.

Remember when he broke his hand and tore his bicep during the Arreola fight and had to have surgery on both (that's probably two of the surgeries he's referring to right there).

He entered that fight with all the skin peeled off his upper right arm and elbow.

What the hell is this guy doing before fights?

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/w.../07/arreola-wilder-fight-a6c5fef72498bcc7.jpg

11. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    So his arm after 7 surgeries was completely fine before the fight, when he was sparring everyone in camp, no sign of injury or need to pull out then suddenly just as the first bell rings his arm is suddenly useless? I assume his arm is now suddenly better again, now he doesn't have Fury in front of him and he won't need an 8th surgery.

If he ever fights Joshua I expect after the fight we'll discover he's had 109 surgeries to his chin and that it was basically held together with staples and sticky tape which is why Joshua soon as he connected with a punch put him to sleep.

Guybino, Pez, Oreet Cha! and 7 others like this.
  12. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Maybe they should have done surgery on his mouth while they were at it - to stop utter drivel coming out every time he opens it.

Guybino, Pez, BitPlayerVesti and 7 others like this.
  13. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    He really said this?

Liquorice likes this.
  14. DonTyson

DonTyson Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Vaccinations aren’t surgeries Deontay

lewis gassed likes this.
  15. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I am curious.. in the article Wilder says that he mentioned the problem to his corner mid fight.. if He's team also read that.... and he didn't actually say it... won't his whole team know he is a liar???

Won't they lose respect for him?