Wilder Stiverne 2 fixed?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by baconmaker, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I don't think he always sucked, but after he won the belt he pretty much quit being a boxer. Similar to what happened to Tyson Fury, some reach the top and just implode, they could only maintain what little discipline and desire they had with a clear goal, once that goal was achieved their lazy and ill disciplined tendencies manifested and their performance levels dropped off a cliff. Bowe is another example of this but he was able to keep going to a degree because he was more naturally gifted.

The fact a shot Arreola took Wilder 8 rounds before retiring is a good bench mark. Clearly Stiverne is better than Arreola he beat him twice but he did far worse in comparison in the rematch. That's because he had declined so much between his 2 fights with Wilder as well as before the first match with Wilder. Stiverne wasn't the same fighter that beat Arreola, though Wilder would of beat that Stiverne too, it just wouldn't have been so one sided.

2. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Poll? Floyd Mayweather lost every poll here. Poll, lmao. Polls are for fan boys. Very few are ever objective.

3. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    No it wasn't a poxy fix

Stiverne just wasn't game, had no ambition or fire, and just didn't show up

Shameful really

4. mandatory

mandatory Nuthugger Crusher Full Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Comments like this hurt the sport so much man... Nothing was fixed... Stiverne got KTFO as expected.. Guy was inactive for a long time and was fat and out of shape against a young and ready with crazy power Wilder..

5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    How the **** can this thread be ok but anything bad about AJ gets deleted?!?

Southpawswitch likes this.
  6. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
  7. obelector

obelector Member Full Member

May 8, 2017
    thats basically what being fixed means. whether he was paid to take a dive or not is a more serious allegation but the fact that a fat disinterested useless 'old' man was allowed to wobble into the ring in the first place, where he had ZERO chance is pretty much a fixed fight. totally pointless from wilders pov also, he learns nothing and will only find a step up in class more difficult to deal with, thats if he ever bothers.

8. mandatory

Nov 29, 2007
    I get what youre saying but wheres the proof? We cant be saying fights are fixed without proof... I mean everyone can do or say whatever they want but still.. The fat disinterested part is on Stiverne.. He wanted the fight.. Obviously he was going to get KTFO.. I mean I get it.. lack of opponents was there too and theres the mandatory bs as well.. But 'Fixed' is an ugly word man.. Looks real bad.. I hope iot wasnt.. What happened to Stiverne was on him...

9. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    It wasn't a fix but stiverne might as well have been carried into the ring by his team while being fed a kfc bucket, that is how much he was trying.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  10. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
  11. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    :risas3:

12. obelector

obelector Member Full Member

May 8, 2017
    fair enough, but i dont think calling it a fixed fight is too far wrong regardless of whether he was bought off or not. it was a freak show and just makes boxing look bad, like it needs any help. stiverne didnt want that fight, he wanted the pay day. he didnt even turn up and fight, just took a few shots and that was him. easy money.

13. mandatory

Nov 29, 2007
    Yeah,, Well he did look like a sacrificial lamb in there for sure... But like you said.. Easy money.. Decent payday for not even 3 minutes... They need to stop this nonsense... Make an actual fight already.. I was excited about Ortiz and then that bs happened and Stiverne was there for the execution... One thing I could definitely think off.. not to be Captain Obvious here but it could definitely be all hype for the AJ fight if all goes well.. Make Wilder and AJ both look like beasts against lesser opponents to build up the fight and fill their pockets of course..:D

14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    That and he's just a **** poster in general. He put another worthless Nichols thread, I deleted it, then he put it up again, literally seconds later, evidently he didn't get the message clear enough the first time.

MVC! likes this.
  15. AliMyths&Legends

AliMyths&Legends Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Surprised this thread has so many comments.

When I first seen it I thought it was a one day thread.