Wilder v Fury II

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Seething!

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I don’t understand the mindset of a british boxing fan who wants one of our finest to retire. You don’t have to like him, you can even hate them but surely you want to see the big fights they’re in?

3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I think they are putting all their money towards a big super bowl promo fest

4. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Deep down he knows Fury is the best heavyweight in the world and it breaks his heart. Without Fury around, he can continue his on-off romance with Anthony Joshua, claiming AJ is no.1.

5. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    If he fights Wilder and Joshua and retires, then I'll be glad he's retired.

I'm intrigued as to how some of his fights will pan out, much as I was with lots of Klitschko fights, but in the back of my mind I know that it will typically only be entertaining if the opponent forces the issue. Fury may well fight and beat Wilder and Joshua, but I imagine they'll be deeply tedious affairs. In terms of fights I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing, I would far, far rather watch, say, Wilder v Usyk.

6. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Why do you hate him so much? It’s particularly puzzling because I assume you don’t know him personally. I couldn’t imagine hating a celebrity I’d never met as much as you seem to hate Fury. It’s bizarre really.

Glenn McKrory likes this.
  7. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Why do you think I hate him so much?

I'd suggested he dominates the British boxing scene to an extent, which is understandable. He's quite divisive in that how he is he rated tends to be very variable. But I find it odd that saying things like 'I find him very boring' would make you think I hate him. I mean, loads of people find him boring. They openly admit it.

Ultimately I think it'll probably be a good thing when he's done with the sport. He's wasted a lot of time on fighting nobodies and he's gradually morphed into an effective but desperately dull boxer. I found Klitschko deeply tedious during the majority of his reign and was frankly looking forward to the end of his career. I don't see why my attitude towards Fury would be any different.

8. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Did you spend endless hours lambasting Klitschko?

Fury being dull is also a myth. His performance v Klitschko was dull in the eyes of some. However, in his last ten fights, only Klitschko, Seferi and Pianetta could be classified as dull. His last three fights in particular were anything but dull. Two of which I doubt you even watched.

9. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    Right. So Tyson has been in three entertaining fights in five years? Two of which were against absolute nobodies?

10. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    You said he's dull but the fact is he's generally not dull at all.

11. TonyHayers

Nov 1, 2018
    You'd accept that it's all in the eye of the beholder wouldn't you? I mean, you realise you can't say Fury is an entertaining as a matter of fact?

12. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Tony has caught a few big ones here.

13. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Were you round theses parts after froch groves one
    The whole forum pratically was calling for froches retirement

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I wasn’t, but I can imagine it was like that.

15. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Just seems pretty obvious you hate him, can't stop posting about him, disparage him at any opportunity and can't bring yourself to say anything positive about him.

Actually, that would be an interesting challenge - can you say 5 positive things about him? (backhand compliments don't count)