Wilder v Fury

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Was a masterclass apparently and his fans have been dining out on the draw (apparent victory) for the past year whereas Joshua v Ruiz 2 was one man running and not fighting apparently!

Yet compubox tells us Joshua threw (and landed) more punches than Fury did vs Wilder and also stopped his opponent from throwing (and landing) almost half as many as what Fury shipped vs Wilder.

So why doesn’t Joshua get a fair crack or the whip?

2. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Thought this was about wilder fury 2 which is meant to be just over 2 months away and not announced in fight week for a Joshua fight like Wilder likes to do....

3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    Maybe let the dust settle a bit, the fight happened less than two hours ago and immediate reactions aren’t usually the most astute.

4. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    They were waiting for Ruiz to win so he could unify. Fury would’ve been delighted with the step a side money. Now he’s shaking realising that he surely can’t dodge another rematch with Wilder. **** just got real for him.

interesting that neither Fury or Wilder have made a single social media post today either...

Clarence Gianni and Heisenberg like this.
  5. boxberry92

boxberry92 Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Joshua boxed superbly against an opponent he had a 5-inch height and 8-inch reach advantage over, he controlled the range perfectly and he deserves credit for his performance.

Realistically, S*** got real for Fury three years ago when he was 10 stone overweight, on the verge of suicide and bingeing on drink and drugs.

When a person conquers demons like that they become grateful for the ordinary moments and are no longer interested in seeking extraordinary things.

Yet what Tyson did against Wilder was extraordinary especially when you consider Dinobal Whyte's performance tonight.

Joshua conquered his own demons in beating the man who literally made him quit but the last thing that performance did was leave the other top heavyweights quaking in their boots.

6. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I had them both schooling both opponents. Fury would school Joshua.

7. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Was Fury really that tormented? Nobody will ever know. It was all convenient, self diagnosed when he failed tests and the public didn’t like him etc. Let’s not get into that. He did school Wilder. As Joshua schooled his opponent tonight.

8. boxberry92

boxberry92 Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Whyte failed a test six months ago and look what it did to him.

Sometimes a person has to hit rock bottom before they realize how far they have fallen.

9. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Wilder stops fury in brutal fashion for me. I doubt there would be any call for a trilogy afterwards

then Hearns and sons can go back to publicly ducking
    Wilder full time whilst fighting delboy chisora and David price at the o2

10. NasalSpray

NasalSpray Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Because Fury did it against a dangerous legitimate world heavyweight champion, AJ did it against an obese butterbean 20 stone midget. There are levels to boxing.

pow likes this.
  11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Both done a great job in each fight imo

Although i think i enjoyed the Wilder Fury fight as i was more invested emotionally
    For me there was a better back story leading up to it

Aj deserves a ton of credit for going back to the drawing board and exploiting Ruizs weaknesses

AJ is evolving and i doubt the fighter we saw in his first 16 fights will emerge much moving forward

Unforgiven, Scissors and Patter983 like this.
  12. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Could either way. Fury isnt anywhere near the level he used to be pre -retirement and has always been chinny. However as shown by the likes of Spzilka , Washington and Ortiz even average technical boxers can cause WIlder a lot of problems so even a spent Fury can school him for 12 rounds.

Unfortunately it's pretty pedicatable that the winner wont be interested in unifying the division and if Wilder wins he will most likely fight Kownacki and if Fury will most likely fight Jarrell Miller.

13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    I honestly think they all avoid each other more than ever now
    Hearn will want to convince AJ to now take less risks

The gravy train was almost derailed and he has a ready made excuse with the mandos looming

2020 will be the same

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    Scissors likes this.
  14. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Have you watched Barry Hearn's interviews this past week?

I'm paraphrasing here but it's basically on the mark:

"See those fans that were demanding the wilder fight this past year or two? Well the fight is now three times bigger now. It's our job to look after our fighters best interests".

They ducked that fight before, and are going to do so again. Joshua couldn't even say Wilder's name in the post fight press conference. Be objective man.

15. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    What the point of saying Wilders name. They turned down a 3 fight contract that was more than Wilder has ear ed in his entire career and the chance to be umundisputed champion. If your offered $100m and chance to be undisputed Champion and you turn it down you have no interest in the fight and never did.

Why should AJ mention Wilders name considering they have shown they no interest, already contracted to fight Fury, have Kownacki lined up after that. Whilst AJ has to deal with unifications next.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    UKboxingfan likes this.