Wilder v Trevor Bryan possibly in May

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GotchaHat, Nov 2, 2021.

1. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    smart fight for Wilder considering the punishment he took from Fury in both fights. This gives him a chance to work with Scott more and improve upon the things they have already done. Deontay could use a confidence builder at this point. A tough fight is probably a bad idea. If he loses to Bryan, its over

2. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Active Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Improve on what exactly? It ain't happening pal.

3. Barrf

Barrf Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2021
    Everyone good is tied up. Who is he supposed to fight?

One tomato can seems as good as another. He could definitely use an easy KO confidence booster fight anyway.

4. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Bah humbug Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    It'll probably be May 2023. Bryan only fights once every few years.

5. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Early in the fight he jabbed better, went to the body and was a little more refined.

After he hit the canvas he got away from what he was doing

I would like to see if scott can refine wilder a little more. I dont see a total transformation but a few tweaks here and there

6. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Active Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    He did the exact same thing in second fight. I didn't clock any improvements to be honest.

7. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    People missing the point..

Yes Wilder needs a easy fight but it shouldn't be for a belt (even a joke one)..

If he get this joke belt he will be even more of a joke but will be claiming he is champ again..

Brighton bomber likes this.
  8. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Yeah lets be honest the WBA regular belt is for fighters that can't really hack it on the top level hence why Bryan is champion and why Dubois after losing to Joyce was steered in this direction.

Wilder is legit top 10 at the very worst he shouldn't be going this route and the worry I have is once he's WBA regular champion he'll just then be fed a bunch of PBC heavyweights in defences and try to legitimise this joke of a title.