Wilder Vs Washington stoppage ( footage from inside the arena)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GGGoLomaKovalin, Feb 26, 2017.

1. GGGoLomaKovalin

GGGoLomaKovalin Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I initially thought the stoppage was bad but after seeing washington out on his feet from inside the arena it was a good one.

Discuss.
    This content is protected

Chuck Norris likes this.
  2. GGGoLomaKovalin

Dec 23, 2016
    Heres the footage on Youtube for those who cant see it on twitter.

This content is protected

3. Curtis Lowe

Curtis Lowe Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Thanks for the videos. The broadcast looked like it was operated by a bunch of amateurs. Not one time did the broadcast replay the stoppage, only keep replaying the knockdown.

Also, the broadcast never showed a replay of the first knockdown in the Breazeale fight.

What a bunch of morons.

4. GGGoLomaKovalin

Dec 23, 2016
    No problem. Yeah the production on PBC still needs some work. Then again they are only 2 years in, in comparison to Showtime and HBOs 30+ years experience

5. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Yeah, I saw this footage last night and it completely changed my mind about the stoppage.

Prior to watching this, I thought the stoppage was completely premature and unnecessary. I still thought Wilder would've won, but that it was a bad stoppage.

After watching this, I think it was a good stop. Washington is very much done, and some of those hits he was taking look much scarier from this new angle. Good stop.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    The stoppage is fine in the sense that Washington looked done but the referee was awful, he jumps in and grabs at Washingtons arm, it is very quick but pulls his arm down and therefore leaves Washington very vulnerable and then the referee jumps back out and then jumps back in again.

That's the problem with the stoppage, the referee.

KiwiMan likes this.
  7. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    WTF was the ref doing?? OMG..

N17 likes this.
  8. KiwiMan

KiwiMan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2016
    This! The ref jumped in, changed his mind and went out, and then jumped in after two wild misses. (But Washington was done anyway)

N17 likes this.
  9. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Agreed with the above comments, stoppage was fine but the referee could have gone about it a bit better.

10. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Yeah, I'd say the decision to stop it was correct. But the referee's execution was very poor. I'm not sure how much of it was his fault though. Not really his fault he couldn't physically stop Wilder.

But yeah, I'd say it's very possible that the referee's actions exposed Washington to much more damage.

GGGoLomaKovalin likes this.
  11. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Poor performance by the ref, he was jumping and out like you said. I thought the stoppage for the Harrison fight was bizarre too, the ref called off but I don't think he meant to because as Hurd was celebrating he seemed to almost suggest the fight was still on, it was a good show but these old as **** refs tend to make some dodgy decisions.

12. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    The ref had a bit of a stinker stopping that one. He jumped in early only to realise he made a mistake and quickly back away. Terrible.

13. GGGoLomaKovalin

Dec 23, 2016
    Precisely, when the ref first jumps in Washington looks towards him and gets tagged by Wilder, then the ref backs off lol

14. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood #TheMedicalTeam #750 banned Full Member

Sep 6, 2016
    :p

15. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    The biggest thing is that after it was over Washington was still on
    ***** street. Also, his trainer didn't have anything negative to
    say about the stoppage in a post fight interview.