Wilder was not exposed against Fury, here`s why

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lordlosh, Feb 25, 2020.

1. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    How does that prove anything? Fury was coming off an addiction problem, suicidal, depression, obesity and existential crisis, also a years of inactivity, Fury was ripe for the picking, but it was a cherry pick gone wrong. Fury can take hard punches and get back up. Remember Fury was using Wilder’s head as a punching bag even after being dropped in the end of the fight. He got back up and kept on beating Wilder.

2. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Wilder chose Ortiz because off steroids and at his age, he knew he could beat him once he’d gassed. Wilder chose Fury coming off the sofa because he thought he was done, almost got away with it the first fight after being schooled and smashed in the 2nd.

the rest of his fights aren’t worth talking about, most protected fighter there’s ever been.

3. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    They are nothing alike.
    He fought bum after bum. His whole resume sucks so much.
    Explain to me why he did choose to fight Ortiz the second time around ? When he can have fight far better opponents as Whyte, Povetkin, Parker, and so on.
    The guy wasted his prime years fighting complete bums
    GGG wanted to fight top fighters, but they all evaded him. But you nee to be unbias to see the reality.
    I know its hard when the dreams are shattered.

And btw i have never ever rank Fury so highly, as people here. People are going mad about him now. I`m pretty sure that Joshua will stop him with ease.
    Fury resume also lack. Klitschko victory was great, because he was the first to do it, after the long reign, but this was coming. Klitschko regressed too much in the last couple of years. It was clearly he is a shell of himself in the Jennings fight, even in the Pulev one.

4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    True to those that know the craft of boxing, he wasn't exposed because it was clear for all too see he was nothing but smoke and mirrors. I've been saying since the Washington fight the key was to push him back, keep him on the back foot and he becomes vulnerable and I know others on here have said similar things, it wasn't a big secret to those that have a clue what they are talking about.

But to those that fell for the smoke and mirrors he was brutally exposed as they couldn't see all the flaws or the fact he had been protected and cherry picked his way to a title and cherry picked his way through his reign too, all they could see was the power and the highlight reel KO's of carefully picked opponents.

5. Paul1970

Paul1970 New Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I think the reason why a lot of people gave him any chance was because even though he is terrible boxer with no skill he still carry’s a powerful right hand which could put anyone to sleep . We hunk the phrase for him is “punchers chance “

6. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    truth.

7. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Helenius and Price are also tall with powerful right hands too and look were they are now...

POTUS likes this.
  8. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    He exposed him in the sense that he put to sleep all the doubts around just how poor Wilder really was. Everyone could see how awful looking Wilder was, but there was always that sort of question in the back of the mind that maybe he was more than the sum of his parts. But no, he was just a bum beater who tried to step up for the first time in his career and got put in his place.

BobD99 and Holler like this.
  9. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Bro G fought bum after bum not his fault people avoided him Wilder fought bum after bum because of smart match making they bouth have like one great fight a bunch of c-d fights the only thing that's left to see is will Wilder go back to fighting bums like G

POTUS likes this.
  10. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    He still managed to knock a so called A level fighter on his ass twice, so that should be worth something.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  11. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    We can see why Wilder's team didn't want any part of Joshua. Sure, Wilder has the power to knock AJ out but to do that he has to figure out how to stop Joshua doing the same to him. And Joshua is much better at putting punches together, has better timing, can fight on the inside and has a much better variety of punches. Sure, it was a mistake to trade on the inside with a much smaller, faster fighter with an iron chin, but Wilder has none of those traits. Those series of punches Joshua landed on Ruiz in the 3rd round of the first fight would ruin Wilder.

It's absolutely abundantly clear that if you put Wilder under pressure you take away pretty much all of his game. He can't fight on the back foot, he can't get proper leverage for his right hand, he can't clinch and he has never faced a genuine banger, still hasn't.

If Joshua were to go at Wilder he could stop him in the first round, absolutely sure of it, always have been.

I can't really see them fighting now though, tbh.

It's Ovah, BobD99, deadACE and 2 others like this.
  12. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    His legs were gone do to Fury holding and leaning on him. Great strategy. Takes away mobility, easier to knock down and weakens his punches. Fury adapted from the first fight, Wilder remained the same. It amazes me how flawed Wilder is. Hasn't developed a good jab, head movement or the ability to counter. Is it poor training or Wilder just doesn't listen and learn?

13. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    Accepting defeat like a man, is a sign of maturity. Having humility is very rewarding.

lordlosh likes this.
  14. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    A competitive mother****er going to make excuses

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  15. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Been on here for years speaking the truth about Wilder. A fraud. I still shudder to think about what Povetkin would of done to him