Wilder was not exposed against Fury, here`s why

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lordlosh, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    A true man does not make excuses, if you are competitive, you have humility in defeat as well as victory.

Holler and lordlosh like this.
  2. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Personally don't care for excuses but I can understand someone super competitive that just don't want to concede a loss

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  3. Richard M Murrieta

Jul 16, 2019
    You are right, I do respect your opinion, but that is why I do not care for boastful people, because if you lose, there is no way to get out of it. I am a veteran of the military, my sergeant in basic training used to say, Excuses Are Like Peoples Behind, Everyone Has One. I do know where you are coming from. Let's see if he can regain his title with hard work and dedication.

Holler, LoadedGlove and Ph33rknot like this.
  4. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Part of Mexican style is let your fist do the talking lol

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  5. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Are you trying to compare Wilder with yourself?.

6. FanManII

FanManII Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2008
    This is the most poorly written post I have ever seen here.
    It's almost like it was written by a drunk 7 year old.

7. Richard M Murrieta

Jul 16, 2019
    I know the style and I would like to see more fighters exercise this style, talking nonsense turns me off too.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  8. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Fury didn't pose anything. Wilder didn't have his legs in this fight from the beginning. Even before he was hit by Fury. I honestly believe Wilder didn't have any legs because he never got the proper rest from the last fight. This fight was to soon for Wilder. Wilder just fought Ortiz Nov 23, 2019. Then fought Fury February 22, 2020. Trained for Ortiz, then fight him. Rested probably 2 weeks, then started back training for Fury? This maybe the reason of not having his legs 100%. Either way he took the fight and lost. Not making an excuse, but this could have been the honest reasoning to having no legs in this fight.

9. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Dude, stop making excuses, his legs were fine. Plenty of boxers have fought 3-4 fighter per year and been fine, Wilder would of tapered off his training prior to the fight like any athlete does, that's a common practice in peaking for events in all sports.

10. Makuza

Makuza New Member Full Member

Sep 23, 2018
    This. All the way.

11. Alo2006

Jun 28, 2006
    Dude, did u read my post? Or are u just one of those quick to respond people? I said it's not an excuse but could possibly be the reason his legs wasn't a 100%, not why he lost the fight. I also said, he still lost the fight however. I also explained how not having proper rest can have its affect on your legs. Clearly no fighters are fighting this close together either. Especially at the age of 34 which is not the same as being 24. Age plays a difference as well. Even if fighters are fighting 3 or 4 times a year. They ain't fighting every 2 and a half months. Now what top fighters or champions are fighting 3 or 4 times a year? I'll wait...………….. At best, 2 times a year is the most top fighters are fighting a year.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    In 36 rounds with Ortiz and Fury, I scored Wilder 6 rounds. Take away the knockdowns and stoppages and what you left with ?

Holler likes this.
  13. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Wilder is not the 1st fighter to win a belt with minimal skills and he aint gonna be the last. In between some era of great boxers- we will witness: great boxers with weak chins. great fighters who can't box. great boxers who can't ko a grade school kid.

Anyone of those demographics can be seen as exposed due to a loss. Its all about perspective. Trainers & many a boxers have stated post fight- that guy was exposed.

It's their viewpoint. Bum or exposed bum, Wilder held that title -when those on the sidelines had been fighting longer than he, so how he got the WBC and none with skills could?

14. Naked Snake

Naked Snake Active Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2020
    Mike Tyson fought every couple of weeks at his peak. Muhammad Ali, during the '70s, would fight four times a year with as short or an even shorter lay-off between fights. This is a pathetic excuse, nearly as bad as 'The costume was too heavy you guise'

15. Alo2006

Jun 28, 2006
    So they were fighting all these fights at 34 year old? No, most fighters that are fighting more than 2 fights are prospects. In todays time, once you make it to the top as a champ, you are only fighting twice a year. If you read what I was saying and let it process, you would see what I was saying could be a reason for the leg issue. Then again, I can't expect some one who never boxed to understand what I said.