Wilder will obliterate Joshua.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by G Man, Dec 7, 2019.

1. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    LOL@you......a hater......he has never been knocked out by a Burrito.......has never quit..end off.

Hearns will be in full protective mode now for the Bodybuilder.........he will fight some stiffs on home soil, bank on it and Pulev is a stiff......they will milk it until the cows come home and the possibility of going to the US again is slim to none......it will be jab and grab K brothers Euro stiffs fighting time from now on..........the Wilder and Fury fights will not happen any time soon, too risky, Boxing is a business.......but it is a dead center fact that the Bodybuilder packs genuine glass and eventually one of those hand picked cans will do the trick again and lay him out before he faces anybody with a pulse.

Southpawswitch likes this.
  2. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Don’t think it’s so clean cut.
    Both are packing glass, both have power to put the other on his arse. Difference is one has the skillset to deliver while the other looks like your average Joe from the street until a perfect opportunity presents itself.

Skill-wise AK clowns Wilder about as hard as Fury did but either one can cancel Christmas on each other with one shot so it’s something like 60/40 for me.

Slowhand likes this.
  3. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    AJ was nearly beat by a 40 year old coming off a loss. 3 years earlier and Wlad wins that.

4. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    If you knew anything about boxing then you would see that AJ is always open to the right hand......his team knows it.....Hearns knows it......shot WK put him down with a straight right and he has fought almost exclusively hookers not straight puncher since then.

AJ has no reach or height advantage against Wilder and is packing glass......Wilder has put everybody he fought on his azz and AJ will not be any different.........if he can almost ice this so called defense genius Tyson Fluffy who was in the best shape of his life otherwise he would have never gotten up he will land on AJ...

5. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    This.

Wilder is the most protected fighter in boxing today.

He's also keeping Spence from Crawford, and Gervonta Davis from literally anybody with a pulse.

Fk PBC.

Tankatron and Mitch87 like this.
  6. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    So Wilder nearly lost to 50 something with one notable win on his resume ever. AJ beat a 40 year old ATG. Both won in the end.

This doesn't go against my point of there being an absolute massive difference of quality in level opponents they have beaten.

Tankatron likes this.
  7. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Yes because Wlad straight punching is terrible.

"Wilder has put everbody he has fought on their ass" - like i said look at humongous difference of quality of opposition AJ has beaten compared to Wilder.

8. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    AJ & Wilder did the same thing in their rematch: Didn't go aggressor.

No reason to doubt or think Wilder would lie when he stated post fight, he was taking his time- Looking for trends in Ortiz' game. He has the belt, so it has to be taken..Wilder said this after Fury fight as well- He needed to control his emotions which leads to him throwing those windmills shots. He contained himself. And the shot that landed was Nowhere close to being a haymaker or a hail mary. One shot that landed was str8 as an arrow...and I quote Ortiz "Had I seen the shot, the fight would've still been going." If he didn't see it, that tells me speed kills. Especially if it is 1. accurate 2. Hard as hell!

AJ based on what I've read did similar this fight. Not looking for a KO, but for points, round by round, then add 'em judges!

Some fights you can't win pretty, especially when a an athletic boxer is going against a man who can fight.
    AJ is an athlete who can box.
    Ruiz is a fighter who can box.
    If true it was advantageous for AJ to use the quality he is most effective at which is boxing, not brawling or fighting. He did that , so the boxer/puncher in Ruiz had no ability to control that kind or fight or pace.

There WILL be lulls in Wilder vs Joshua. There will be knockdowns. I think WIlder wins by TKO late rounds. He will adapt and catch AJ off a clinch.

9. Dirsspaardis

Dirsspaardis Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Yeah, if only I knew about boxing as much as you do I’d probably be as dense too.
    Fury in best shape of his life is all anyone needs to know about your mental fortitude.

That aside, I know full well how easy **** can go south for AJ. I also know that it takes considerable amount of skills to land a certain punch on someone who only has to look out for this one thing. AJ has more discipline than Fury or Ortiz, both made Wilder look worse than a guy with 0 fight experience. All AJ has to do is coast to the final bell and it is perfectly reasonable to assume that he can do it.

Mitch87 likes this.
  10. G Man

G Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Dunno...he'd still obliterate Joshua, styistically Joshua is made for him, Joshua had to jab and run vs Ruiz because he knew he would get knocked out if he engaged, I cannot see how he can jab and run vs Wilder who is much taller and rangier, and hits harder!

11. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Why on earth would he?

12. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Wilder's right hand is just gambling. He cannot box for toffee, so it has to find the target or it's game over.

And the world is not going to accept Wilder's pathetic title defences forever either, it's been embarrassing enough thus far.

The walls are closing in on Wilder. No hope of a Ruiz unification now, it's fight a fit Fury or bust.

Oh dear oh dear.

13. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Wilder gets outboxed by fighters on the level of Gerald Washington. Move it up a notch and he begins to get outclassed by fighters like Ortiz. A notch higher and he gets pretty much whitewashed by fighters like Fury. Trouble is none of those guys had the speed or punching power to get to Wilder and seriously hurt him. Fury was too featherfisted (although he did rock him in the twelfth with a short left hook), Ortiz was too slow and cumbersome to capitalise when he had him hurt, and no one else need be spoken about. Joshua is not only a far superior boxer to Wilder, with the height and reach to match him, but he punches extremely hard. Wilder will thus find himself not only getting outboxed but hurt, and sooner or later he's going to eat a big one and do a Evgeny Romanov dance.

This content is protected

His chin isn't remotely on the same level as Ruiz's or Parker's.

Mitch87 likes this.
  14. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Or Whyte, Fury, etc. He will probably face Hunter next.