Wilder's manager: “We asked how much is Joshua getting, and we were never told the answer,”

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by h8me, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Yes I do. So says ESPN's MOST FAMOUS ATHLETES 2019 list.

And more people will see Wilder's next fight than any other boxer on that list, because they're all fighting on APPS.

(As Bowie said) Fame, fame, fame, fame, fame, fame ... FAME!!!
    http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/26113613/espn-world-fame-100-2019

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  2. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    This is called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

FloatingGhost and Scissors like this.
  3. h8me

h8me Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    As I remember correctly someone already tried to explain to you, what this ranking is about but I see that he wasn't too successful. So ok, you believe, according to this ranking, that Canelo is less popular than Wilder, Fury or AJ?

Bokaj and Doppleganger like this.
  4. Hurrikeen

Hurrikeen Member Full Member

May 30, 2014
    I trust you are also aware that by using the same metrics that ESPN used (Google Trends) to determine this MOST FAMOUS list, 2019 YTD sees AJ already 'MORE FAMOUS' than Wilder? And that is despite the Wilder/Fury fallout from just over 12 weeks ago?

5. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Well according to a recent Hearn interview Wilder was getting 50% of the US pot from the DAZN deal, but that's not what Wilder is asking for he's asking for 50% of everything including Joshua's UK PPV money.

6. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    what the A side is getting paid is what it is. Floyd always had the up-side and he could demand it. Same with AJ he can demand it. Wilder getting peanuts compared to what he would of got if he signed. I really cant understand his next fight he is getting around half what he would of got. Maybe he should of signed for 1 fight and left the AJ fight when he is free.

7. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    I'm not "drafting an agenda ", I just want to see the fight. Wilder fanboys constantly defend his management team turning down offers. Are you boxing fans or boxing business fans? How many offers have they now refused? 6,7? All we've seen in return is one dodgy offer that they couldn't follow through with.

I like Wilder but It's obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that his management team are not looking after his best interests. They've made it abundantly clear that money is more important than legacy, despite the fact his earnings have beeen way way below Joshua's in double the number of fights. He made less against Fury than the very first "lowball" offer from Hearn which would have seen him potentially as the undisputed heavyweight champ by now. Their behaviour and constant excuses suggests they don't honestly believe Wilder beats Joshua.

It's a straight out duck and anyone who can't see that is in denial.

8. Davo

Davo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 27, 2010
    Hahaha

He walked from Eddie's $12.5 for AJ only cos the rematch clause s one way. You then seem to forget he went on to have a huge PPV fight against the lineal champ for no doubt huge money.

9. Davo

Davo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 27, 2010
    You're not so knowledgeable on how negotiating is done are you. Wilder walked from 12.5 and no rematch. Wilder made more money than AJ did in his last fight. That's just a plain fact. It was also hugely significant and helped his stock sky rocket. Now he's been offered multiples of the old offer and a proper rematch clause. AJ unfortunately has been on a downward trajectory ever since he almost lost to Wlad.

10. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Not true at all. What's your source? AJ's estimated earnings from Poverkin fight was £20m ($26m) Wilder's earnings v Fury estimated at $14m. Both according to the Telegraph (for consistency)

11. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
  12. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I think where ESPN put their money tells you what you need to know. Not sure Wilder can. Sell out an avenue or his own family reunion in Alabama.

13. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    Finkel is really scraping the barrell in search of a defence for ducking Joshua, sorry Jerry Heller but you’ve been exposed. No amount of spin can explain why your fighter who normally fights for $2Million per fight has turned down $120Million for 3 fights!

You’re exposed, revealed, rumbled, if it wasn’t for them pesky kids you might have gotten away with it.

Wilder was never, ever going to step in the ring with Joshua after seeing AJ battle Klitschko, Wilder and Finkelfix both knew from that night onward that Deontay couldn’t match Joshua and not only would he be beaten but dismantled and destroyed in brutal fashion.

Call it Daisy, call it Daffy, call it Donald or Howard or whatever you like, any of them will do because they’re all famous Ducks.

Someone pass me the l’orange sauce

14. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    This really is the bottom line.. Its not like he is getting a 18million offer it was a potential $100-$120 million offer...

15. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    could you imagine getting paid £500 a week in a job

your manager comes up to you and says as from next week were paying you £5000 a week

and you say i heard fred is getting £6000 a week and i want £6000 or im leaving

the following week you start work at a new job earning £500 a week but at least you never let your manager get one over on you.