Wilky "Silky" Campfort??

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 1, 2015.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
  2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    It wasn't like Bundrage was some great champion or put up much resistance. Charlo didn't exactly have to scale a huge mountain to obtain his belt. A soft touch first defense really shouldn't be necessary in this situation. How is Campfort even rated? Who the hell is this guy, seriously? He's still barely graduated from eight-rounders.

3. The Smoking Man

The Smoking Man Boxing Addict banned

Jul 24, 2015
    154 is a very weak division infairness to charlo

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Versus..?

His opposition stood a combined 206-199-13. That's barely .500, and not one is a heralded fighter, and he was held to a split decision over three of them.

5. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    I'm surprised his turnaround is this fast.
    It'll be less than 3 months from his title win

6. Willie Maeket

Willie Maeket The Mothership Connection Full Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Nice to point that out. I remember this so called unstoppable MW fighter ducking Erislandy Lara and fought a guy named Willie Jr. whose record was 19-1.:rofl

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Campfort vs. Abduallaev:
    [yt]MZBHL7Ygwtc[/yt]

Shady...it was originally declared a draw, which the crowd was fine with, and when the ring announcer later announced the 'correction' to John McKaie's scorecard making it a SD for him it was soundly booed. :think

Abdullaev now competes in BKB, where he won a hard-fought decision over Ricardo Pinell (11-2 in real boxing)

If that is the level at which Campfort is having close scares, he doesn't belong in the ring with Jermall Charlo.

8. Leoh

Leoh Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 19, 2014
    This is what happens if you give everyone a belt and never force unifications.

9. Limerickbox

Jul 18, 2015
    It will be interesting to see what happens when Floyd dumps the belts officially

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    His brother is calling out Floyd Mayweather Jr. and he's defending against Wilky Campfort. :lol:

11. The Smoking Man

The Smoking Man Boxing Addict banned

Jul 24, 2015
    154 is a farce of a division anyway, 2 titles held by a guy whos retired and hasn't defended them in 2 years, lia smith hold a title:lol: and charmander won his title of a over the hill, never was that good fighter in budgrade

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    At the very least, if Charlo is going to return this quickly, they should give his match with Campfort the Rod Salka treatment and render it non-title. :bart

In fact, Salka was quite a bit more proven when he fought Garcia than Campfort is now.

13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Silky is somehow rated #14 by the IBF.

Ahead of him are:
    #1 - vacant
    #2 Jermell Charlo (okay, fair enough, can't expect brothers to fight)
    #3 Austin Trout (who is calling Jermall out)
    #4 Michel Soro
    #5 Takayuki Hosokawa
    #6 Patrick Teixeira
    #7 Vanes Martirosyan (lost to Jermell, making this easy to sell as family rivalry, plus Vanes still has a big name and is coming off a W over former IBF titlist Smith)
    #8 J-Rock Williams (actively calling out for Charlo or Trout in an eliminator to meet Charlo)
    #9 Joshua Clottey (yeah, still around I guess :blood)
    #10 Cedric Vitu (Euro champ, just derailed the Fiordigiglio hype train via TKO11)
    #11 Willie Nelson (only loss in the last 5 years coming to Martirosyan and has since popped Kronk scion Tony Harrison's cherry)
    #12 Cornelius Bundrage (okay, fine, nobody wants this rematch except maybe K9 himself and Don King)
    #13 Yuki Nonaka

So excluding his twin and the guy he lifted the belt from, that is ten names without having to scrape the bottom of the barrel with Campfort, who literally has only fought with more than a scheduled eight-round limit twice, and was dropped in one.

Also kind of suspect: Campfort was absent from the August ratings, and suddenly appears in September's (with the vastly superior and more proven Rabchenko dropping out to make room for him)... :think

http://www.ibfusbaregistration.com/ibfusba_02APR2014/index.php/ratings/ibf-ratings?view=rankings

http://www.ibfusbaregistration.com/ibfusba_02APR2014/index.php/ratings/ibf-ratings?view=rankings

14. Limerickbox

Jul 18, 2015
    Apparently beating Don Mouton gets you a #6 ranking.

The #5 has a record of 27-10-4

Ya gotta love these ranking systems!

15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Wow. Yeah, Hosukawa really hasn't done much of anything to be rated that highly...though he is Japanese national champ with a solid W in the Yuba rematch, and one defense having drawn with IBF #13 Nonaka.

Of course, he should be culled from the rankings soon enough when he gets pummeled by Dennis Laurente in three weeks.