Will AJ now vacate the WBO or do you think the WBO want a piece of the pie?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Who_Necks, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    The WBO will soon call a mandatory for AJ vs Usyk, will AJ just drop the belt and fight Fury?
    Or will he fight Usyk as WBO mandatory?

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Again I’d like to underline the fact that Joshua Fury doesn’t happen without fans. So we need this vaccine to come in to play or the Middle East to stump up the cash.

IF it does happen next then I wouldn’t be surprised to see Usyk vs Joyce for an interim world title and Joshua v Fury to keep all the belts so then yes the WBO keep a slice of the pie.

DON1, Wizbit1013, Who_Necks and 2 others like this.
  3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Good on the WBO, they called it before the IBF and were made to wait as it was the least risky option, in hope they could avoid it.

Had a little scout on social media and the same Muppets whinging about this are the same one who whinged about Whyte and the WBC.

Obviously I want to see the AJ v Fury fight but we all know that's not happening next.

4. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Hearn has always stated the cash is there for the middle east. He always says the first fight wont be in the UK so fans shouldn't really play a part.
    After watching AJ's interview last night i just get the feeling he dosn't want that Gypsy smoke just yet, i think he still wants to work on his boxing and footwork and milk a couple more pudding Loots.
    He showed more boxing ability last night than he did in the Ruiz fight which shows what he is doing is improving him but i still get the feeling he knows himself Fury brutalises him hence his reluctance to talk about it.
    I also dont see Usyk taking an intrim title fight unless there is a 10million deposited into his account from AJ as Fury wont pay any of his purse to Usyk as Fury dosn't care about the belts he just wants the loot.

5. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Whatever AJ plans he knows Fury ruins his legacy so he’ll cash in and hide from this fight for as long as he can. Multi millionaire now so he doesn’t want to risk his legacy for a few million more.

ama16 likes this.
  6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Usyk is 34 in January. No way does he watch Fury and AJ fight it out twice in 2021 and wait until 2022 for his own shot at 35 years of age. Plus he has already waited 2 years and had 2 mandatory shots overruled for Ruiz 2 and Pulev. To answer the OP, my feeling is the WBO belt becomes vacant

Gatekeeper, DavidJames and Wizbit1013 like this.
  7. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Usyk has not waited 2 years for his shot, but if he's due his **** then I get why he wants the opportunity now especially as he's not getting any younger. But the fight we all want is Joshua v Fury. If factors such as the ongoing Wilder issues and this Usyk mandatory get in the way I at least hope a deal is in place for the first AJ v Fury bout to take place in the second half of next year!

8. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Regardless of all of the relevant financial variables, I can't see Joshua being willing to risk it all against Usyk. The safest option is to vacate.

I would rather see Joshua vs Usyk before anything else.

9. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    LOL, the Russian Hype job went 12, I repeat , 12 with local clubfighter Chisora who is the Pudding of all Puddings.............I am no fan of the Bodybuilder but Usyk provides ZERO threat to him, boring jab and hug a thon for a 12 round track event.

10. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    12 rounds barely out of first gear against Chisora. Usyk is elite level, he's not an easy nights work for anyone and he's definitely a concern for AJ and for Fury.

crixus85, Safin and Heisenberg like this.
  11. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    He is a concern based on resume at cruiser and his skill set. That said he was poor against Del Boy however you want to dress it up and personally I don’t think he has the size to beat an AJ or Fury (or a few others)

12. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Ok, 19 months so far. The WBO afforded him ‘super champion’ status and declared him mandatory challenger for Anthony Joshua in May 2019.

If you think Usyk classes as a hype job then one of us really doesn’t know **** about boxing

13. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Pretty sure he's Ukrainian.

14. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    WoW, you are from these fans aka champ #1 or local clubfighter.
    Nice. Dereck ofc isn't champ but he still is a millionare:p and was / is ranked in top 10 list ( HW ).

Btw me likes also club fighters, no offense here. club fights are first stepping stone for plenty of young lads. ;)

15. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    You would rather see Usyk before Fury? You are too cool for us lot.

Who_Necks likes this.